Sign in to follow this  

Desert closure lawsuit

I saw it, read it, not sure quite what to do. Seems we have too many small groups representing us and our resources are spread too thin. Supposedly the AMA is on it, but who knows? Check the AMA D37 Offroad message board for more.

Just so you all know, the USFS plan that is being attacked looks like a decent compromise that is very workable for all concerned. It is midway through the process and considerable resources have been expended to get this far. I am most familiar with the plan as it applies to the Lake Isabella area and if this gets thrown out it would be a real shame.

I actually like desert tortoises and am a wildlife advocate, but I have never seen one outside the Desert Tortoise National Preserve, except if it was someone's pet. Who are these guys kidding? Last time I was in the Preserve I saw plenty of ravens chowing down on tortoises though! Who is the real enemy?

You can donate money to Ecologic thru CORVA,Dist 37,ASA,or ORBA. Ecologic is our ( dist37) lawyer.He also is helping ASA at Glamis,and CORVA in Coyote Cyn. He will be the lead in this lawsuit.