Sign in to follow this  

baffle

No, You do not. Also, you should read the stickey i helped put together at the top of this forum. :thumbsup:

no you do not what?have to jet if you take the baffel out. no you dont.

but your letting out more air or exhaust with out more intake there for all you did was make a bunch of (NOISE)!the bikes are lean to start with and no i dont have to read your sticky :thumbsup:

no you do not what?have to jet if you take the baffel out. no you dont.

but your letting out more air or exhaust with out more intake there for all you did was make a bunch of (NOISE)!the bikes are lean to start with and no i dont have to read your sticky :thumbsup:

Sorry to say, But you're wrong on this one. MANY including myself have first hand experience that removing the baffle increases performance very slightly, actually, you can't even really tell. Having a baffle is sort of like choking your bike, so why would having it in benefit your bike?

And I was not was not saying YOU should read it. But since i see the original poster is new here and might be new at this whole dirtbike thing, he just might benefit from reading it.

yes removing the baffle might help a little bit but you get more with the air box open

and jetting its a package deal.this all started with (do i have to jet with baffle out..

answ ..no! airbox open baffle out...yes in your post correct me if i miss read,( no

you dont have to jet with air box open and baffle out) i also have knowledge.

05 230 power up mod bbr pipe and all other mods from OFF-ROAD.COM dirt bike section project230 except for front shock mod and rear.

is that your chick?

yes removing the baffle might help a little bit but you get more with the air box open

and jetting its a package deal.

So mate u reckon that I should jet my bike like it's stated in the stickey at the top of this forum? I removed the air snorkel and baffle only the other day and found marginal improvement in performance but mainly noise level. If I jet it properly it will run more aggressively u reckon? :thumbsup:

So mate u reckon that I should jet my bike like it's stated in the stickey at the top of this forum? I removed the air snorkel and baffle only the other day and found marginal improvement in performance but mainly noise level. If I jet it properly it will run more aggressively u reckon? :thumbsup:

Yes, that's the ticket.

If performance is what your after I would suggest you save your pennies for an after market exhaust. You can achieve the added performance you want without the added noise.

If performance is what your after I would suggest you save your pennies for an after market exhaust. You can achieve the added performance you want without the added noise.

The uncorked stock exhaust is louder than an aftermarket system?

Huh. Cool.

Removing the baffle only increases the noise. Plus if you rejet it only increases throttle response in the low gears. In my opinion get a new bike. I have a crf150, but im going to sell it and get an rm125. Crf150s just dont cut it when it comes to power :thumbsup:

Removing the baffle only increases the noise. Plus if you rejet it only increases throttle response in the low gears. In my opinion get a new bike. I have a crf150, but im going to sell it and get an rm125. Crf150s just dont cut it when it comes to power :thumbsup:

I have my big bike sitting in the garage. I didn't buy my CRF150 for power. I bought it for fun! :ride:

Most people buy one and want to increase horspower and torque on it and they dont understand that when you buy those bikes they are for trails,not for speed or jumping.