Sign in to follow this  

New TC450, first Husky

I just got the TC450, coming off a YZ450, I wanted to reach out to you experts for some tips.

Break-in, what is required for break-in on these bikes, gradual heat cycles or another methed?

Jetting for So Cal Desert? JD Kit, Uptite, Factory jets, any advice here would be great. I noticed is a little hard to start now but its brand new and I really don't think I have the starting finese for this bike...yet. I'm so use to my YZ.

protection parts, I already bent the tabs on the radiator loading the bike from the dealer, were the grey shroud plastic bolt in, almost pushed the bolts into the core!! Are rad braces/supports avalable??

Also, the dealer swapped the clutch basket and clutch hub before I could take it home, they told me this is a upgraded part?? Then they couldn't give me the the "green" muffler, saying that the mufflers that came in were the wrong size? Anybody had this happen?

I'm looking forward to the break-in ride this Saturday.

Thanks,

Chazlom

Were are we riding bee-ach? :ride::applause:

I'm sure you will hear the full spectrum of break in advice. George at Up-Tite (more years of Husky devotion than all the rest of us combined) will say "ride it like you have a broken foot". It worked for my last two TE's.

Yes radiator braces are availabe, Rooster or CRD.

Search for the jetting thread (leak jet is the secret)

Let's ride :thumbsup:

BROB

How can I ride it like I stole it if I have a broken foot? Is George suggesting to ride it easy?

By the way, has George taken a few days off? He' not replied to a couple emails nor answering the phone (I called just once Friday I think).

I read where someone else had the same problem with the can. It had the same diameter as the mid pipe. He thought it was for a 250.

Regarding the broken foot, maybe he thought it had an e-start.

Good luck.

Broken foot is an ackward statement, I think he means slow & easy. Is this an 05, 06 or 07 or?

my 05 450TE had a blank jet (no hole) for the leak jet, an 06 250 I helped with came with a 35 and needed more, around a #70

Those came with the almost no taper "D" series needle, (3rd diget) and too big of a pilot.

I would opt for an OCEMN needle, main about 160 (do not use that main with the D series needle and a leak jet no less then a #70. Or the JD kit

Broken foot is an ackward statement, I think he means slow & easy.

It would also be hard to get to the rear brake with a broken foot. So what exactly does george mean? :thumbsup: I broke mine in basically with the contraversial mototune method, ride it like you stole it and change the oil a lot: after 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours, 3 hours and then about every 200-300 miles, cleaning the screens and new filter every time.

Yes he just means slow & easy cuz the new bikes are so "tight" (not Up- Tite) from the factory.

He's back wrenchin' away. (ask him about his new billet front axle bolts :thumbsup: )

George at Up-Tite jetted my 04 when it was new. All I did to fine tune it was slip on the MX end cap and run lower octane fuel after break-in. It ran like a jet in the deserts and Baja mountain sides. Steny