Sign in to follow this  

whats up with fmx

all it is is backflips and no handed...blah blah backflips

the natural terrain riders should be getting the popularity doing those ****ing 260ft 5th gear doubles.... that takes balls... not saying that fmx doesnt but they look like a bunch of ballerina ppl dancing around in the air

all it is is backflips and no handed...blah blah backflips

the natural terrain riders should be getting the popularity doing those ****ing 260ft 5th gear doubles.... that takes balls... not saying that fmx doesnt but they look like a bunch of ballerina ppl dancing around in the air

What do you think about trials riders being ballerinas? They are the ones wearing spandex. Why not call them out?

trials rider get my utmost respect. they are so good.

and i agree with deaton. it IS all backflips. i cant do any of that, but you would think that it would get old after a while, and it has. :thumbsup:

I personally think it is awesome. Just think about how much the sport has evolved over the years. I thought the double backflip was incredible.

I'm no freestyle rider, but I can appreciate it just as much as any other variation of riding motorcycles.

well......can u dance like balerina in the air :thumbsup:

:applause: :applause: :applause:

I give all those guys props, I use to think I was bad doing a table top with a leg kick going over a double back in my day. It's a BACK FLIP ON A BIKE!!!! Didn't someone do a double backflip? Holy SHIZNIT!!! :ride:

I agree watching is gettin boring, so get out there and do a triple quadruple front flip with a triple toe curl. :applause:

I agree watching is gettin boring, so get out there and do a triple quadruple front flip with a triple toe curl. :thumbsup:

dont it. its old news.

lol :ride:

I reckon FMX is the best it's ever been! I loved watching X games 12, and Travis' double flip was nuts!

You all act like its sooooo easy to do a backflip on a dirtbike. Untill you can do the kinda stuff the FMX guys are doing, you have no room to talk trash.

im not saying i CAN do any of it, what im saying is that the same trick gets boring after a while. you would think that they would do something new. look for example at the xgames freestyle competition. ever person did a flip of almost every jump. gets lame after a while.

i'd still like to be able to do one

I'm sure it is alot funner riding FMX than watching it....that's what it comes down to. Admit that those FMXers have BALLS!

I will say one thing. Up until X-games 12, I thought freestyle was completely gay. To me, freestylers were guys who couldnt make it in racing whether it be for lack of speed, dedication, natural talent, or money. I then watched an underflip, cliffhanger backflip, and double backflip all perfectly executed at xgames 12. Now I think only MOST freestyle/freestylers are gay racer wannabes. Thats because before, to me, all of them were basically acting, performing, sort of WWEish really. All the ramps were the same, never changed, never became more technical or rutted. Most tricks weren't all that technical. Heck, Pastrana even said that once you learn the backflip, its probably the most consistent, easiest trick to perform. But after watching those insanely rediculous tricks, THOSE guys who actually practice and work and work and work to get a trick down and it still after doing it a few times needs to be timed perfectly to work, THAT is to me a real, technically challenging, freestyle COMPETITION...not a performance or "set up" feeling at all like before. I know it wasnt set up before, but it always had a WWE feel. Anyways, after long deliberation and a lot of pointless rambling for which you are dumber for just reading, I must say that I give mad props to: Pastrana, the crazy australian cliffhanger backflip dude, the ktm underflip guy(can ya tell i dont follow freestyle), Jeremy Stenberg, and Nate Adams. I also declare that the biggest joke in motorcycling period is, in my humble opinion.........brian deegan. Thank you and goodnight.....hahaha that was a sweet speech.

i hear ya.... backflips after backflips are getting old... but you still got to give them credit!

All you people who say that FMX is for riders not good enough to race have definately not seen this kid that goes by the name of Travis Pastrana...:thumbsup:

I enjoy watching FMX and thought it was getting boring the past couple of years with the standard backflip being the top trick. But now over the past few months these guys have been throwing some sick backflip variations at the Dew tour and X games. Double Backflip, cordova backflip, superman backflip, sidesaddle backflip, 1 hand takeoff backflp, lazyman backflip, and plenty of other crazy variations. AMAZING :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::thumbsup::applause::ride::applause:

All you people who say that FMX is for riders not good enough to race have definately not seen this kid that goes by the name of Travis Pastrana...:thumbsup:

yea hes good but every time there is a race or starting gate he crashes. he has natural talent. did you watch the X games supermoto this year? only 5 seconds into it and he crashes on the holeshot and then crashed in a turn later.