Sign in to follow this  

no answer at mrd

sorry to anybody that has had trouble getting me on the phone for a couple of days , I have been tunning this Yamaha Rhino in between pipe orders , this guy wanted his Rhino to be faster so I told him I would Turbo charge it and I have been in and out of the shop every 10 min. getting it jetted ,

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/DH367/?action=view&current=rhino004.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/DH367/?action=view&current=rhino001.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch2

Hi Dave, I'm excited to get my new pipe from you soon, thanks for letting me know. Looks good. Tom. 02 CRF450R

damn! first you impress me with your pipes, then you make me a prototype dual for my 450 that is better than anyother pipe made... now you do this! damn good job dave.... damn good.

dan

i hate dead lines this week is killing me also with peoria coming this week .

Nice! Are you gonna intercool it? Perhaps a nitrous shot. :ride:

check your pm's :thumbsup:

Dude, that is just freakin awesome. I want a Rhino so bad for the fam and me of course. But that is just crazy.

Did you use a kit? What is the est cost of doing that to a Rhino??

You still seem to amaze me...LOL

How in the hell do you blow through a CV carb?

Seems like it'd just pin the slide the roof and go way FAT....unless you equalized the pressure off the intake manifold to the vaccum head in the carb...I still dont see how it works...

OK Dave, spill it....How in the hell does that work...

How in the hell do you blow through a CV carb?

Seems like it'd just pin the slide the roof and go way FAT....unless you equalized the pressure off the intake manifold to the vaccum head in the carb...I still dont see how it works...

OK Dave, spill it....How in the hell does that work...

Yeah no doubt. I didn't even think about that. What gives?

iv'e got a mild turbo cam for those...12 degree's more exh than stock and only 6 degree's intake...it spools up faster than a stock cam with the extra exh. duration opening sooner to drive the turbine a little harder.

he pressurizing the float bowl just like a ram air set up.

the slide works off of velocity.

it needs to be fully open during boost.

its not pefect but will work with tuning.

wonder what kinda gains would be seen from a turbo set up on one of those.... Wanna put a turbo kit on my 450r Dave?? :thumbsup::ride:

You ever see those turbo kits advertised in the back of Dirt Rider mags? I wonder if they work.

no i havent.... hmmm wonder how crazy i would look if i pulled up to a track with a turbo hangin off my bike haha.

Have Dave bust out some pics of his old Kawasaki X2 jet ski that he turbo'ed.Fuel injected,turbo'ed and hard to hang onto.Or how about the time he fuel injected his KX250 and we took it racing.I had people lining up wanting to race me off the gate with that bike.Ive known Dave for a long time and he always been able to fix and modify anything I bring him.How about my KX125 that broke a crank and he turned it into a top fuel motor....lol That thing was a beast,still has Rick Peterson scratching his head over that one,eh Dave!