Sign in to follow this  

powervalve problems

my bikes powervalves are clogged, can anyone tell me how to fix this? and im gonna have the gaskets, yes. Thanks..

Josh 5607

I had the same problem, on my 99 kx125. Im no expert so what I did was serisouly cleain it all out and attempt to run a more lean mixture. But most likely I will have to dis-assemble it all again and clean it so it dont stick.

What Did The Bike Do To Make U Think Thats The Problem I Have A 02 Rm 250 That Wont Run
there was oil coming out of my power valve arm cover so i opened it and there was water and oil, thats a good sign the powervalve needs to be cleaned, also the bike is kind of choking on the hills even in first

What Did The Bike Do To Make U Think Thats The Problem I Have A 02 Rm 250 That Wont Run

Your bike should still run with a stuck powervalve.

Get a clymer book and read how to remove and replace the power valve. Clean all the carbon build up with carb cleaner and either a hand powered wire brush or a powered wire brush. You might also want to pull the top end depending on the hours and replace the rings at least or just replace the whole top end. But before starting the bike after everything is cleaned and or replaced repack the silencer and using compressed air blow out the pipe. The it should run just fine. I had to do all things mentioned above to my 99 KX125. It ran like a raped ape when cleaned out. :thumbsup::ride: