Sign in to follow this  

Road Riders-You can beat a wheelie ticket

First I am not bashing the police!!! There are allot of cool cops out there that I know, and have met. There are allot of :thumbsup: out there too. This happened to me a few years ago, but I thought maybe there are some on the site who still ride on the street too.

I did it! I beat a reckless operation ticket in court for riding a wheelie.

OK, so I didn't see the sheriff sitting there. Ya I was showing off a little. :applause:

The cop was a :ride: He told me he rides and I was like, ok then

(Most of the times I got pulled over, the cop normally tells me not to sweat it they ride too, but I had to pull you over. You rode the wheelie right in front of me)

This Cop says, guys like you make the rest of us look bad. HUH? :applause:

Here I am in full leathers, helmet, and riding a wheelie in full control. I thought it made us look pretty good.

Anyway I wanted my day in court, so I got it. I got to cross examine the cop and everything. It was sweet!

I asked the officer. "when I did my wheelie, did I maintain my lane"? He said, "Yes" I asked him, "when I did my wheelie, did I maintain a safe distance with the vehicle in front of me"? He said "yes".

Then I got to speak to the judge, and I told him there were only 2 laws (Ohio) pertaining to motorcycles. You must wear a helmet for your first year riding, and you can only ride 2 abreast. There was no law that I knew of that says you must keep both wheels on the ground. I also told him about my background riding and racing bikes, and that there were 2 types of wheelies. Off the throttle which was controlled, and dumping the clutch which is less controlled. Yada Yada.

The Judge told the prosecutor he didn't prove beyond a reasonable doubt that I was reckless. I beat the MAN! :applause:

very nice!!!!!! im thinkin of getting a bike in like 3years. a Honda CBR600RR. thats plenty for the streets. especially in SoCal

First I am not bashing the police!!! There are allot of cool cops out there that I know, and have met. There are allot of :thumbsup: out there too. This happened to me a few years ago, but I thought maybe there are some on the site who still ride on the street too.

I did it! I beat a reckless operation ticket in court for riding a wheelie.

OK, so I didn't see the sheriff sitting there. Ya I was showing off a little. :applause:

The cop was a :ride: He told me he rides and I was like, ok then

(Most of the times I got pulled over, the cop normally tells me not to sweat it they ride too, but I had to pull you over. You rode the wheelie right in front of me)

This Cop says, guys like you make the rest of us look bad. HUH? :applause:

Here I am in full leathers, helmet, and riding a wheelie in full control. I thought it made us look pretty good.

Anyway I wanted my day in court, so I got it. I got to cross examine the cop and everything. It was sweet!

I asked the officer. "when I did my wheelie, did I maintain my lane"? He said, "Yes" I asked him, "when I did my wheelie, did I maintain a safe distance with the vehicle in front of me"? He said "yes".

Then I got to speak to the judge, and I told him there were only 2 laws (Ohio) pertaining to motorcycles. You must wear a helmet for your first year riding, and you can only ride 2 abreast. There was no law that I knew of that says you must keep both wheels on the ground. I also told him about my background riding and racing bikes, and that there were 2 types of wheelies. Off the throttle which was controlled, and dumping the clutch which is less controlled. Yada Yada.

The Judge told the prosecutor he didn't prove beyond a reasonable doubt that I was reckless. I beat the MAN! :applause:

Good Job :applause::applause:

That's good news man. I ride wheelies all the time on my R1.

Here I am in full leathers, helmet, and riding a wheelie in full control.

How can having 50% of the wheels off of the pavement be considered "in full control"? You are loosing 50% of the control, right? What if a dog ran out in front of you? What if a car pulled out? What if a small child darted out from between two parked cars? What if you killed that small child?

There's a time and a place for "riding wheelies" and a public street is NOT one of them. Try a closed course track.

How can having 50% of the wheels off of the pavement be considered "in full control"? You are loosing 50% of the control, right? What if a dog ran out in front of you? What if a car pulled out? What if a small child darted out from between two parked cars? What if you killed that small child?

There's a time and a place for "riding wheelies" and a public street is NOT one of them. Try a closed course track.

wha wha wha :thumbsup::ride::applause::applause: the point is he beat the system and thats cool

That may possilbly be what the back brake is for :thumbsup:

I thought it made us look pretty good.

That cracked me up.. good on you for beating it though, wish it was that easy in australia, we have to pay court costs

How can having 50% of the wheels off of the pavement be considered "in full control"?

Uhhhhh.....I've never wrecked doing a wheelie, and doubt I ever will.

You are loosing 50% of the control, right?

Uhhh...NO, I am always in full control of my bike, I think they call it experience.

What if a dog ran out in front of you? What if a car pulled out? What if a small child darted out from between two parked cars? What if you killed that small child?

If a child ran out on the street, which was a major highway, his parents are idiots, and I'd be doing him a favor!!! JK, it's called EYE'S that have Peripheral vision! BRAKES!! EXPERIENCE!!!Knowing my surrondings!!

Now how can I show off there??

Thats no fun![/QUOTE]

DO YOU PEOPLE RIDE?????? :ride:

I thought this was a forum for people who loved motorcycles with a passion. WOW!!!!

LIGHTEN UP!!!! :applause:

WHAT IF LIGHTING HIT YOU TOMORROW!! WHAT IF WHAT IF :applause::applause::applause:

andrewr we have to pay court costs too, but only if you loose. If you win you don't have to. :thumbsup:

the point is he beat the system and thats cool

Breaking the law is cool? Since when?

The possibility of killing a kid is cool?

That may possilbly be what the back brake is for

You have, at best 40% of your stopping power with the rear wheel only. Plus, can you steer the bike away from the kid as quick while the front wheel is in the air?

If a child ran out on the street ... I'd be doing him a favor!!!

Well, I can see what I'm dealing with here. I pray you don't have children, and if you do, I pray they never get hit by someone while reckless driving.

I'll leave now, thank you.

Breaking the law is cool? Since when?

The possibility of killing a kid is cool?

You have, at best 40% of your stopping power with the rear wheel only. Plus, can you steer the bike away from the kid as quick while the front wheel is in the air?

were u paying attention? his point was that he didn't break the law, that is why he got off clean! yes, he could have killed a kid due to less control; but he could have killed one in full control too. i bet u that more people are killed by guys riding on two wheels than guys riding on one!

Knowing your surroundings?...you put it up on the back wheel in front of a cop...LOL

That cracked me up.. good on you for beating it though, wish it was that easy in australia, we have to pay court costs

Even if you win?

That seems wrong in multiple ways.... :thumbsup:

I also agree with the cop. You make us all look bad. You think you're showing off, but you might not be aware of what you are showing. Some one into bikes sees you and thinks, cool, a wheelie. Someone not into bikes sees you and thinks, there should be more laws against that. They vote, too, and there are more of them than us.

And you CA guys who think that's a cool way to beat a ticket. I have sat in traffic court waiting my turn and have heard several people try to beat wheelie citations. Not one of them beat the ticket. A lot depends on the judge, but Ohio has different laws than CA. Don't expect the same results in different states.

To the guy above, so you're saying never do a wheelie because they may make laws against them, so either way you're not doing a wheelie. You might as well do it while its legal than never at all! :ride:

were u paying attention? his point was that he didn't break the law, that is why he got off clean! yes, he could have killed a kid due to less control; but he could have killed one in full control too. i bet u that more people are killed by guys riding on two wheels than guys riding on one!

Exactly :thumbsup:

Dirtyriders110...of course more people are killed by guys riding on two wheels rather than one it's the law of averages...more people ride on two than one.

Still_Kickin...you're dillusional if you think it's just as safe riding a wheelie as it is riding on two wheels...the time it takes to chop the throttle/break and get the wheel down could have been spent swerving to avoid an obstacle. No matter what excuses you throw out, riding on two wheels is safer than riding on one. Yes we all love motorcycles here some of us are just more responsible than others.

I think all the HINEY BITES full of negativity are probably posers that are unable to ride a wheelie for more than 3 or 4 feet.

i personally would rather have an experienced rider yanking the front wheel next to me than some soccer mom yacking away on the cell phone. jmo

anyway thanks for the info on how to go about it :thumbsup: