Sign in to follow this  

What Class?

Im 15 and I ride an 04 CRF150F but i have a BBR 175cc Big Bore kit, BBR exuast, and BBR rev box. I am wondering what classes I could race in motocross?

Thanks

Heres a list of the classes at my local track

Motocross Classes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2006 Thursday Night Series Classes

Class Designations

A = Pro Am = Pro or Amateur Expert

B = Intermediate

C = Junior

D = Beginner

Youth Classes Rider's age based on January 1st

51cc (4-6) AMA Stock (Class 1) (Example: KTM SX Pro Jr.)

51cc (7-8) AMA Stock (Class 2) (Example: KTM SX Pro Sr.)

51cc (4-8) Open (New - CRF/XR 50cc plus modified 51cc bikes)

65cc (7-8), 65cc (9-11)

85cc Beg. (7-11), 85cc Beg. (12-15)

85cc (7-11), 85cc (12-15)

Super Mini (7-11), Super Mini (12-15) (80cc-105cc) (No Beginners)

ATV 50 (4-8), ATV 90 (6-15), ATV 90 shifter (6-15)

Non Conforming 90cc (7-11) (52cc min.)(Full Course)(Referee Approval)

Non-Conforming 150cc (7-15) (75cc min.) (Full Course)(Referee Approval)

Amateur Classes Min. age 12 for bikes. Full size machines only unless noted.

125 B, C, D

250 B, C, D

Open B, C, D ( Open class replaces BTH & UTH)

30+ B, C, D

40+ A/B, C/D

Women (80cc and up)

ATV B/C (13+)( Includes Blaster class)(Riders under 13 need referee Approval)

ATV D (13+)(Includes Blaster class)(Riders under 13 need referee Approval)

Pro Amateur Classes Competing for Cash Purse

125 A

250 A

Open A

30+ A

ATV A

Class Notes

All classes are MODIFIED unless specifically stated STOCK

Engine displacements are for 2 strokes (except Non-Conforming classes)

250cc Four Strokes are classified as 125cc machines

450cc Four Strokes are classified as 250cc machines

No Big Wheels in the 85cc or 85cc Beginner classes

No Beginners in 85cc or Supermini classes

KX100&RM100 beginner riders need to check with referee

Classes based on 2006 AMA Rule Book

there is not a class that defines your bike and the AMA rules say you cant be in the 85 class, your machine is not a track machine and therefore has no rightful place on the track, mabe if 150 riders where you live gather at the track you can start your own class, although 175 may be a little unfair

Most tracks around here would rpolly run you in the 85 or SuperMini class. But you HAVE to keep in mind what was said above, that your bike is NOT a track machine, and you WILL quickly overpower the suspension and stuff. Truthfully, you may very well be more of a rolling obstacle than a competitor, at least at first. If you are just trying it out to get a feel for MX, then go for it with the CRF. If you have decided you are going to race and are making a go of it, sell the CRF and get an 85 or 125 (depending on your age).

I have the BBR front and rear suspension upgrades also. My bike is pretty much a works BBR bike without the graphics.

The Yz150f and Crf150 mx versions are probably gonna be out in a year or two and are I think intended to race in the super mini class, I may be wrong. I think you might be able to race supermini if your track is lenient enough.

The Yz150f and Crf150 mx versions are probably gonna be out in a year or two and are I think intended to race in the super mini class, I may be wrong. I think you might be able to race supermini if your track is lenient enough.
I really doubt any of the big four would release a thumper mini that has to race in supermini. They'll build it with an engine displacement that qualifies for the regular 85cc class. I'm pretty sure that's what the hold up on those bikes is, no one seems to be able or willing to definitively answer the question of maximum four stroke displacement in the 85 class.

okay, i have a follow on question. I ride a 250sx-f, and would like to try a race. i am confident in corners, and straights.......but i blow goats at jumping.....what would be a competitive lap time at lake elsinore Vet track? or do they race the super cross track? BTW i would go for the 125D class.

I have the BBR front and rear suspension upgrades also. My bike is pretty much a works BBR bike without the graphics.

yes, but unless you have the BBR cr85 suspension mod it still would be very inferior to the supermini 85s you would be up against. and even if you suspension was up to par with the superminis, they may not let you run because 175 is a very unfair handicap of cc to the 85s, i dont think ama will allow 150fs in with the 85s, this is a very debated subject now, we will have to wait and see.

new2blue450 I ride at elsinore all the time and they race the gfi track. It is the one next to the main track. Elsinore does not have the d class they call it beginner. Some of the guys are sanbaggers, but you should go out there and ride the track a few times and then give it a shot.