Sign in to follow this  

So there I was...

While flailing through my favorite backyard rock-garden after work this afternoon, I doinked the foot cleat off my rear brake pedal. The pedal is fine, I didn't even notice it until I was washing the bike after (which speaks volumes about my rear brake control, I know).

The Husky parts manual does not list the cleat as a separate piece. So my question is - is the cleat replaceable, or should I just stop being a cheap @#$#$@^ and just replace the whole pedal?

(And no, I'm not looking for training wheels - yet :thumbsup:)

Just go ahead and call Dan, its ok, he will take care of you. It is ok to spend the $ on a new pedal.

While you have him on the phone - ask him to send you some SG10s in your size if you don't have some decent boots. Last time I was there they had a pretty good selection.

I too have had to replace the brake tip on my Husky, twice. Both times Dan and Ann at Motoexotica assisteds me right away. The TM brake tip bolts right on. The only problem is that it like to rotate too easily. On my last replacement/install I modified it with remaining portion of my original brake tip. I cut off the portion that goes over the brake arm and welded it to the new TM tip. Works great now and does not rotate. The only thing I don't like about the TM tip is that it is big. You don't realize how much you get used top the feeling of the stock tip.

Tiger

Thanks Sharpie!

I guess the good news is since I'm replacing parts on this bike so fast, it always feels like a new bike! I still need to replace the stock footpegs, how are the Fastways holding up?

Dean - my next stack o' cash goes towards either a pair of SG10's or Berik OVS Pro's (with Ricky Carmichael's signature, he's dreamy! ) I've run these Tech 4's to death.

I need to hurry up and get any gear and parts I'll need for the next year or so soon - my wife is at 5 months and is starting to nest, I'm noticing new baby cloths and equipment around the house! :thumbsup:

Thanks Sharpie!

I guess the good news is since I'm replacing parts on this bike so fast, it always feels like a new bike! I still need to replace the stock footpegs, how are the Fastways holding up?

Dude, I have fastways on my 450 and they're the shizznit. Adds stability, at first I didn't like that. But now it's like standing on the deck of a ship that I can drive like a jetski. Good stuff. Ride will warn you about a mod to keep the brake pedal from breaking off. I need to do that. I can see how it will happen.

end of riding season sales are just starting up now,,, gonna be some great deals around :thumbsup:

Dean - my next stack o' cash goes towards either a pair of SG10's or Berik OVS Pro's (with Ricky Carmichael's signature, he's dreamy! ) I've run these Tech 4's to death.

I need to hurry up and get any gear and parts I'll need for the next year or so soon - my wife is at 5 months and is starting to nest, I'm noticing new baby cloths and equipment around the house! :ride:

Yesssssss!!!! :thumbsup:

Another round of baby bottles to ya!!! Congrats! Don't think I could do that again though... Wasn't it about 5 months ago I saw you last? Was NOT me!

If you need help convincing her that you need safety gear let me know.

Yesssssss!!!! :thumbsup:

Another round of baby bottles to ya!!! Congrats! Don't think I could do that again though... Wasn't it about 5 months ago I saw you last? Was NOT me!

HA!

No trouble convincing her about safety gear, actually the opposite! I don't even sit on the bike without gear. She has told me point blank that I am NOT to stop riding! :ride: The problem is going to be that I'm a geek and will end up buying more baby gear than she does. Gotta have the backpack and the bike trailer and, and, and ... :applause:

:ride::applause: Congrats on the new soon to be bundle of joy,,, I totally missed that :thumbsup:

Ya don't need a picture of the toe piece. It's obvious how it attaches once it's in your hand.

I broke mine off too. Had an interesting experience with my local Husky dealer. I called them as they are fairly close. I asked for parts and then asked for the tab from the brake lever. Guy said they didn't carry any parts! I asked if they are Husky dealers and he said yes but they don't carry many parts. He said he would look it up. After 15 minutes waiting for a part number, he came back and said he gave up, couldn't find it! As I also own a Ducati and I knew they were a Ducati dealers, I asked if they stocked Ducati parts. Nope, they order them when a customer asks for them.

So, on the phone to Motoxotica! Gal answered the phone, I asked for parts, she said maybe she could help. I said I needed the toe tab from a TE510 brake lever. She said they don't carry them 'cause Husky sells only the whole brake lever. But, she said, we carry a TM part that is better than the original. Gave her my credit card # and I had the part in my hand in a couple days courtesy of USPS. 15 minutes later my toy had a new toe tab! Not very expensive either! :thumbsup:

Ya don't need a picture of the toe piece. It's obvious how it attaches once it's in your hand.

i wanted the pic to see if i wanted one. anyone?

i wanted the pic to see if i wanted one. anyone?

Her ya go, I tapped the brake lever (5 or 6mm, cant remember but the cleat is also threaded) and put an allen head screw through the lever, screwed the cleat on and put a nut on and then peened the screw so nothing could back out, all with lots of locktite and it never twisted.

TEmods010.jpg