Sign in to follow this  

warming up

i was wondering if any of use would have any good ways of warming up your bikes do u just leave it running with the choke on for a bit or do you do somthing else

heres what i do... choke on, gas on, kick it until it starts. tie a string around the throttle (which is held wide open) and tie the other end to your foot peg. let the bike sit like this until you get all of your gear on. once you are ready, cut the string and ride! :thumbsup:

:ride: just start it with the choke and let it run for maybe 15 or 20 seconds then shut the choke off. let it warm up until the top of the rads are too hot to touch.

on my bike (02 cr250), i just turn the gas on, put the kickstarter at the top, and kicked hard one time. Starts first kick. then while its warming up i am putting on my gear. what i like about my bike, is that it doenst idle too well when its warmed up, so when it dies then i no its warm! :thumbsup:

start it with the choke on, let it run for a bit with the choke on, once it idles by itself with the choke OFF, ur good to go.

on my bike (02 cr250), i just turn the gas on, put the kickstarter at the top, and kicked hard one time. Starts first kick. then while its warming up i am putting on my gear. what i like about my bike, is that it doenst idle too well when its warmed up, so when it dies then i no its warm! :thumbsup:

two smokes arnt ment to idle

heres what i do... choke on, gas on, kick it until it starts. tie a string around the throttle (which is held wide open) and tie the other end to your foot peg. let the bike sit like this until you get all of your gear on. once you are ready, cut the string and ride! :applause:

i use that exact same method it seems to be working well for me :thumbsup::ride:

i use that exact same method it seems to be working well for me :thumbsup::ride:

:applause: yea i like it.... the valves only last for about 2 or 3 rides though :applause:

:ride: yea i like it.... the valves only last for about 2 or 3 rides though :applause:

ya ridin the rev-limiter for minutes at a time isnt to healthy for the bike. :thumbsup:

ive only hit the rev-limiter on my bike 3 times and that was on accident.

alot of people say, ("it doesnt hurt to hit the rev limiter, its put on the bike for a reason") in the long run, it does hurt ur valves. :applause:

ya ridin the rev-limiter for minutes at a time isnt to healthy for the bike. :thumbsup:

alot of people say, ("it doesnt hurt to hit the rev limiter, its put on the bike for a reason") in the long run, it does hurt ur valves. :ride:

it depends. i ride my bike like a 2 stroke and my valves are fine. :applause:

but do u ride the rev-limiter ? course u keep it at high rpms, u should, but im just talking about the rev limiter. u kno the thing that wen ur to high in the gear and it goes DEEEE DEEE DEEEE DEEEE DEEEE, tellling u to shift? ya that thing. =]

yup. thats how i rolll..... i'll get a video of me riding today to show you

yup. thats how i rolll..... i'll get a video of me riding today to show you

dang ur gangster. i wanna see that video also, to verify ur gangsterness. :thumbsup:

two smokes arnt ment to idle

wrong 2 strokes are made too idle.. If they where not made too idle then they would not have an idle screw..

As far as warm up I don't c why most of you need too choke your bikes. They should start 1st 2nd kick without choke everytime. I would let sit idle till rads are warm, then ride it like you stole it.. :thumbsup:

ya ridin the rev-limiter for minutes at a time isnt to healthy for the bike. :ride:

alot of people say, ("it doesnt hurt to hit the rev limiter, its put on the bike for a reason") in the long run, it does hurt ur valves. :applause:

Wrong the rev-limiter has nothing too do with the valves.. As long as your not floating valves and have good springs your not hurting the valves.. :thumbsup:

wrong 2 strokes are made too idle.. If they where not made too idle then they would not have an idle screw..

i was just messing around, most of them dont idle though, (atleast 80's and 125's) :thumbsup:

Wrong the rev-limiter has nothing too do with the valves.. As long as your not floating valves and have good springs your not hurting the valves.. :thumbsup:

im pretty sure in the long run, riding the rev-limiter does mess up ur valves. ive heard from many people that it does.

im pretty sure in the long run, riding the rev-limiter does mess up ur valves. ive heard from many people that it does.

nah, It's all in the springs.. Yeah riding high rpm all the time will cause the already crappy springs too lose there pressure. In which case causes the valves too float and the crappy ti valves can't take the beating and mushroom . :thumbsup: