Took the DR-Z to the track.. Could I get it anymore wrong?

Having watched a good bit of SM in the past months what you are doing

seems to be pretty typical...The guys coming from RoadRacing bring

their RR knee dragging style with them...The motocross guys bring their foot down sliding style with them...Hey, whatever get's around the track quickest ?

obviously blue tape makes you go faster ?

I think thats so theres less pieces to pick-up if someone layed it down, probably track rules. Notice its just on the lenses, the stuff that the track crew is always sweeping up.

Nice pic.

How can you tell I'm a roadracer?? ? All joking aside.. is it okay for me to ride it this way?? Comments/Advice appreciated

You're heading for a lowside dude, seriously. I learned the hard way. I had mine out trying to ride it RR style. I had 2 lowsides in my first two sessions of the day. Ya gotta love how an SM crashes.

Anyway, as stated in another post, get your weight up front. You WILL lose that front end if you continue to ride it like you are in the picture.

Beautiful picture to have on the wall,Green crash bobbins don't go to well with yellow though And if you had a flat black helmet It would look sinister. Nice job, but as previous mention tickle your self on the gas tank. How do you like your white slip ON?

I'm in the same boat bro, but like said before get your ass as close to the tank as you can. I low sided the front on the street doing what you are doing. On the big tracks that is still the fast way around except for chicanes and low speed hard breaking stuff. My home track is Sears point and it has a combo of high speed and low speed. But I did high side my bike on a big track on the stock tires going fast. Who knew you could high side 34 hp, I did'nt. ?

obviously blue tape makes you go faster ?

We have to tape up lenses for trackdays.. blue tape is what was available .. but yes I believe it increased the HP :ride:

You're heading for a lowside dude, seriously. I learned the hard way. I had mine out trying to ride it RR style. I had 2 lowsides in my first two sessions of the day. Ya gotta love how an SM crashes.

Anyway, as stated in another post, get your weight up front. You WILL lose that front end if you continue to ride it like you are in the picture.

Yeah I try to scoot forward but coming into corners on the track I naturally get back on the seat to get into my "hanging off" position.. Need to work on that..

Beautiful picture to have on the wall,Green crash bobbins don't go to well with yellow though And if you had a flat black helmet It would look sinister. Nice job, but as previous mention tickle your self on the gas tank. How do you like your white slip ON?

Old skateboard wheels from a friend.. my $9 axle sliders.. Yeah my racebike is flatblack and my helmet stands out majorly.. The white bros is a full system and it's insane loud..

Just got my SM and taking it out to the track next month.

Should be interesting after racing for 8 years. I anticipate much the same look!

Though I've been practicing the motard style with my 950 Adventure!! :eek

I just found out the limitations of those deathwings. Leaning in a corner on a hill, and turning up another street, well lets just say my butt was already close to the ground when I felt myself fall and the DRZ skipped three times on the peg down the road. Not much damage at all, just some scraped plastic and the bar end weight dinged. Glad I had my leather jacket on though! :ride:

Oh well, if you're not crashing, you're not trying hard enough!! ?

Lloyd

How far over "lean angle" could i get with the trial wings? Can you SM with the trial wings?
depends on what trail wings your talking about.my sm trail wing(150/70/17)grips pretty good but not as good as the stock dunlops.the ones on the s model ,i wouldn't try to go as hard or lean over to much.they don't call em deathwings for nothing ?