Sign in to follow this  

YZ450F FCR carb

Hey! I have been reading the posts here alot lately. Great website, I`ve learned alot! I just got my 07 DRZ400 SM. A little lacking on power, but I`m happy to have it :thumbsup: (took a long time to get it here in Japan).

Anyway, I bought a FCR carb on EBAY and I am trying to convert it to work on the SM. The carb is form an 05` YFZ450. It has the cast housing. I got all the parts from SUDCO but I was informed the the intake boot wont fit because of the housing :ride: . Is this something that I can modify to fit? I was thinking a section of radiator hose etc.

Is anyone else using this carb? I would really appreciate any help! Thanks!

It's almost impossible to get that carb to fit. It doesn't have the removeable bell intake and the throttle housing being cast into the body will give too many clearance issues. Of course, if you have a machine shup, anything is possible. You should have went for a carb from a YZ 426 or YZ 400. Drop in fitment.

(took a long time to get it here in Japan).

Is this something that I can modify to fit?

sounds like you have some work ahead of you :thumbsup: .

don't DRZ's come from Japan? :ride:

Thanks for the replies! Ya, DRZs come form Japan, but paper work and license plates are a pain in the a$$ to deal with here. Definatly easier to walk into a dealership Statside and ride out on your new bike.

Well, I dont have a machine shop here so I guess I will have to sell the FCR. The FCR from a 426 or 400 is a direct drop in?

If someone wouldnt mind making a list of what fits. It would make life alot easier for some :thumbsup:

Thanks again!

I have this carb on my bike and I had my friend press on a short piece of stainless pipe on the bellmouth and it fits fine.

Thanks for the replies. Could you take a picture of the piece of stainless pipe you had made? I really dont want to sell the carb, its in great condition. I would go with the FCR from the TT store but I would be at the bottom of a very long list :thumbsup: