Sign in to follow this  

Getting the idle right

Hey guys, been sort of a long time since I been on. I missed it, good to be back :thumbsup: Anyways, I had my brand new 2006 KDX200 for a bout 2 1/2 months now and was just wondering how I should set the idle, as where it is now sometimes it stalls on me. And even when the engine is warm and it idles, more when I'm in gear with the clutch in, it almost sounds like it's going to stall. The plug isn't fouled and everything else is good. Is it normal to have to adjust the idle on a 2-stroke? I'm still relatively new to 2-strokes as this is the first one I personally own. Thanks for the help. :ride:

i just got a new kx250 and it doesnt idle at all. I was thinking about setting it to idle but then i reallized it wouldnt help that much. Anyways, i've heard on some thread that setting the idle on the carb reduces the power of the bike....is this right?

for an mx bike for the track you dont need or really want it to idle. For a kdx which is a woods bike you want it to idle. Just turn it up a tad. Since it isnt dying on you alll the time really quickly then it will probably be a very small adjustment.

i just got a new kx250 and it doesnt idle at all. I was thinking about setting it to idle but then i reallized it wouldnt help that much. Anyways, i've heard on some thread that setting the idle on the carb reduces the power of the bike....is this right?

I can't see how adjusting the carb to make it idle would reduce the power of the bike :thumbsup: