Sign in to follow this  

97 yz125 vs 01-03 wr250f

alright,i ride a 02cr80 right now, i am looking at getting a bike by the end of the year so i am starting now, i was going to get the wr250 but then my dad offered me a very good price on his 97 yz125 it is in good condition with new plastics a pc pipe, a skid plate, frame guards, new tires, newer brake pads, renthal bars, moose handguards and some engine mods. my dad told me if i can keep good grades (As and Bs) he will trade me the YZ for my cr 80 around end of the year, and if i dont get good grades he will still sell it to me but at his asking price. what are the pros and cons of both bikes? what is the best for me, i am 5'4ish with boots 110 pounds and i have rode the yz a couple times, never rode a 250f in my life, i am definitly used to a 2 strokes power, and i ride pretty aggressive on my 80 and i like to jump, i ride about 80-90% trails and 10-20% track, i like the headlight but dont need it, and i like to do wheelies, i am learning to ride wheelies and do them alot.

whats the asking price of the YZ? My friend did the exact same switch as you and loves his WR!

i think he said 1800 but he wants my bike so he said he would trade

any oppinions :thumbsup: , also, has anyone ever owned a 97 YZ125? anything about the bike that i should watch out for?