Sign in to follow this  

Anyone want to get some riding in during the week, next week?

Taking vacation time to work on the house :thumbsup: . But, all work and no play makes Jon grumpy, so I'm going to try to do some trails. :ride: Since it is during the week, I'm kind of interested in Rampart, but open to other ideas And will have a few days free.

Jon

Do you have the entire week off? What time would you like to begin riding?

Do you have the entire week off? What time would you like to begin riding?

yep, got the whole week off :thumbsup: got to roof the house :ride:

So in the spirit of avoiding being to responsible; I can ride just about anytime. I'm in Longmont.

What days are you thinking will work for you?

Jon

I leave for taylor Park on Thursday, so any of the first three days work great for me. Schedule restrains me to morning riding only right now. I need to be at the parking lot by noon so that I can make it to work here in the springs by 2. So I was think that we meet sometime between 8 and 9?

I assumed Rampart since you are up in Longmont. Let me know if you would rather do Captain Jacks.

Would like to do Cpt Jacks, but it is not feasible with the traffic. Rampart would be cool. I kind of know where it is (climbed at devils head a couple of years ago) but some more specific directions would help.

Best way to get to Rampart is to find Jackson Creek Road. There are two ways to do this. first go to Sedelia, find Highway 105 then travel south. You will soon come upon Jackson Creek Road. The way I will be doing it is by exiting I-25 from Tomah Road. Get on the frontage road that is on the west side of the highway. Go north untl you get to Tomah Road. Follow Tomah Road to the west until it "T's" into Highway 105. Then go north on 105. Jackson creek will be on the left in 5 to 10 mintes.

Then just follow Jackson Creek all the way to the trailhead. It is about a 20 minute drive from 105. The first trailhead that you will come to will have Scotty's to the left and Tomohak to the right. I will be in this parking lot in a green Ford Ranger.

Let's shoot for Tuesday around 8-9 AM. I'll try for 8. That will give me a day to recover from the weekend. I'll be in a blue J10 jeep truck.

I'll send you a PM on monday.

Cool, sounds like a plan. I look forward to ridding with you.

Looks like I have to cancel the trip for tomorrow. I have too much stuff that I need to get done by the end of Wensday so that I can be ready for Taylor Park on Thursday. However, I would still like to ride with you. If there is an upcoming weekend or some other time during the week that you have off, let me know. I am thinking about doing a trip to Georga Pass in 3 weekends from this one. If this interests you at all, then let me know.

Ahhh maannn....

I was actually going to send you a message, bailing myself. Shingles showed up a couple of days earlier than I wanted them and they can't stay in the heat without sticking together in the bundles. So, I will be roofing tommoro.

HAVE A GOOD TRIP.

Let me know if there is anytime that you are wanting to go riding. I am always interested in riding with someone new. I am more than game to any trails that are on the I-70 corridor as well.

Stop typing and get to hammering.

Are you going to go on the TT ride over labor day at rampart?

4 squares to go and I'm done.

Hadn't even thought about rampart. Might do it, but am more inclined to get away from the crowds.

Maybe Taylor park, Rand, or something like that.

I need to talk to my wife first...you know how that is...