Sign in to follow this  

Smoke Signal?

I endo'd on the backside of a 3 foot stone wall and my bike flipped up and over and I did a graceful roll on my separated shoulder and handled it way better than I thought I would.

My bike never even stalled but once I got it upright and got on it and gassed it, the thing started blowing white smoke out both cans, enough to fill the forest! Thought I blew my motor!!! It over heated and thanks to my camel back I was able to ride it.

I still haven't figured out why it was smoking so bad. The smoke cleared up and the bike ran fine but I headed back after that because I was paranoid about it.

I don't know if by flipping the thing over if my head filled with oil. That would make sense as there was a little motor oil in my airbox too. The thing that has me stumped is why was it white and not blue and why was it over heating at the same time? really weird!

Yep....oil in the cylinder from the endo. It should clear itself, but clean your filter, air boot and carb well to remove the excess oil. Also empty your pink tube and check your oil level in the motor side.

Oil smoke is usually white along with coolant, but coolant has a distinct smell and coolant smoke dissipates faster than oil smoke.

It actually looked almost like steam coming from the cans and it disapeared pretty quick. My oil was a little low but not milky but I know it was full before I started riding as the last thing I did before I started it was change the oil ( again, lmao).

The bike ran fine after the smoke cleared. I shut it down and that's when I heard my radiators grumbling. I rode the bike probably 4 miles back to my truck through some of the nastiest rock garden swamp stuff you could ever imagine and it handled it well.

I'm guessing that it MUST have been the head getting filled with oil but the white smoke still baffles me. I could smell anti freeze but it could have just been from the bike getting too hot. The pink tube doesn't have a drop of anything in it.

well your over flow tube for your rad's will leak antifreez and steam and it smells, so that is probably it, i highly doubt you blew a head gasket,or anything else, these bikes get beat alot more thne doing endo's

I seem to be pretty good in the endo department this year. It's at the point that my whole life flashes before my eyes. lol! I'm amazed at how much these bikes can actually get over. Me and a buddy were hard core woods guys yesterday, here we were both hung up in the middle of some real nasty snot and I said "Dude, I don't think my manufacturer had this stuff in mind when they printed up the brochure! Don't worry though I have my Red Rider Card and they'll come tow us if I need them too" lol

Thanks for the input you guys! I'vecleaned the airbox and the boot but I'm not pulling the carb until I know I really need to. Not one of my favorite jobs!