Walnut/Sunset Ridge Thumper Talk Ride Reminder

Just another quick reminder to keep September 10th open for the rental/open ride at Sunset Ridge Mx in Walnut. Track has been rented by me and will be open to anyone on Thumpertalk or friends who might be interested. The ride goes from 9-5 and half the proceeds are being donated to Canine Companions for Independance (www.caninecompanions.org). Cost is $20 per rider (and anything additional you would like to donate to CCI, if desired).

Hope to see you there.

Are you guys kidding me? ?

Said half the PROCEEDS ....."The net amount of money"

To me this means that once the track fees are paid.....half is going to the dog charity.....the other half is going where?? Some dudes pocket?

Side note...there are no moths in my wallet, because I am too cheap to buy one!! :ride:

Open track all day

It's not open all day...it is usually organized... ?

Yeah Ron, I've been there a few times at it was pretty good. It's no Mt Carroll but that's another argument.

I am sure that Reid would be down for a TT track rental at Mt Carroll. Plus, it's only $20 anytime to ride there.....and it's prepped awesome.

It's not open all day...it is usually organized... ?

Yeah Ron, I've been there a few times at it was pretty good. It's no Mt Carroll but that's another argument.

I am sure that Reid would be down for a TT track rental at Mt Carroll. Plus, it's only $20 anytime to ride there.....and it's prepped awesome.

When we went for the track rental back in June, it was open track. No organized classes, just go out when you want.

I haven't been to Mt Carrol yet, we'll have to hook up sometime over there.

From what I've heard, Mt. Carrol got shut down because another person died there. I hope that's just a terrible rumor, but that's what I've heard :ride::applause:

And as far as the proceeds, it's quite simple: $10 from each person that rides goes to the charity and the other $10 goes to the owners of the track.

Basically, Bob is letting us ride for half the normal price since he is not touching the other half and it is going to the charity.

Bob waters, disks and works on the jumps which is not free and he continually makes the track better every year so the money goes to good use. ?

EDIT: I just checked the Mt. Carroll website and it looks like they're still open. Hopefully that's true and it's not that they just haven't updated their site.

Matt,

Mt Carroll is still open...actually they were open last weekend. I know a couple guys that were there and they said it was dead...like 10 trucks. That really blows that only a few people made it out there, because it is such an awesome track. I would go there over walnut any day.....that's how awesome I think it is....but that's just my opinion. ?

I highly recommend anyone who has been there, to make sure you hit up the next open ride. You won't be disappointed.

When we went for the track rental back in June, it was open track. No organized classes, just go out when you want.

That would be so much better. Everytime I've been there, it's been organized, which means I sit more than I ride ?

That would be so much better. Everytime I've been there, it's been organized, which means I sit more than I ride :ride:

Good to hear they're still open ?

And on rental days it's open ride but on practice days they do split the classes up, which I'm guessing you've been to.

For me personally, what has kept me from Mt Carrol is they seem to change plans at the the last minute alot. I have planned on going there in the past when all of sudden on Friday they close. Last weekend, or one of the recent weekends wasn't even a scheduled practice and they opened up. I need more advance warning to make my plans when I have so many involved in what we do that weekend.

I would rather go to a prepped track over Buffalo, especially when the price is the same. However, Walnut doesn't open much in the summer for practice, Byron is only for 4 hours on Saturday. Lately, I have gone to Joliet on their off weekend and would be there this weekend if not for our deal. I've gotten to where I don't even bother checking Mt Carrol because they always change it anyway.

It's very similar to Red Bud.....

You took the words out of my mouth! ?

Ron, I agree, they do seem to change their schedule as they please/when they please. But I highly encourage you to get out there and ride.....it's awesome. You also have to get out to Red Bud...that place is fun!

Where is the other half of the proceeds going? :ride:?

(Total Amount Collected)/2 = (Amount to Charity) + (Amount to Track Owner)

:applause::applause:

As for the organization of the ride. It would only go to riding in classes if we get a lot of riders (comparable to a typical open practice day). Bob says that usually a good open practice day he gets about 150 riders. It will be up to him on the day to decide if he needs classes or not. I would think that we would not be getting a hoard mini smokers or 4-wheel couches coming out for this.

Gentlemen - I love Walnut and love nothing more than a private rental.....If you have it rented for Sept 10th then why is that already listed as an open practice day on the Sunset Ridge website ???? ?

It was never listed as an open day until recently on the site. I called Bob and he said it was a mistake and he would take it off the web site as an opne practice day. thanks for catching it.