Sign in to follow this  

Limerick forest ride.

I was thinking about joining that group until I saw about 6 of them one day. There was this older beared guy who was beside himself with glee. He was the man in charge and was practically frothing at the mouth as he herded everyone constanly while coddling and drooling over his maps. His voice was higher than normal... probably due to the intense sense of self satisfaction that was making him crazy.

Later on that day I came by my car and they were all taking a break, again, with this guy in complete control of everyone and everything. On the side of the road there's a shoulder with loose dirt on it. I spun my tire super slowly and did a semi-cirle donut to point myself in the other direction. It was all very calm and in slow mo practically. This guy starts screaming at me and flipping out. I wasn't sure what he was saying but I thought he was telling me to do a full donut. I nodded my head..."no" because I didn't want to do a donut for him. He was actually telling me to stop doing what I was doing and when I nodded no the hissy fit escalated to a new level. Finally I realised something was wrong with this hyper wanker and went over to see him. "Don't make any marks on the should because the ranger calls me and gives me hell everytime!!!!"

I said "The ranger holds you personally responible for every rider that ever comes here? That's weird." Then I said "Next time you want somebodies attention don't freak out and yell like a rotten spoiled child"

His insider group of cronies looked me down with their frowns and stares as I walked to my bike and left. What a looser. Now I purposely blow that group of woman away everytime I see them. Makes me feel good if nothing else.

Awe man, Limerick forest has so many wicked trails that go for miles in all directions, it's awesome. I used to ride there all the time in high school. I grew up outside spencerville and those trails were just down the road. Makes a sweet hill for sleding in the winter too.

Tons of good riding out there too. If you go past Roebuck instead of turning towards Limerick there's a sweet mx track built in the sand pit right before north augusta that we used to ride a lot. A bunch of good jumps and wicked sand hills. It's been a few years though. Where abouts are you? I'm in Ottawa (now I wish I wasn't bikeless because I'd love to that up again).

Nice Pics.

Wish I could ride anywhere where it's not 100 damn degrees.

Way too hot out for me to ride.

You guys have fun. :thumbsup:

Oh man, we just passed a brutal heat wave. Major hummidity meant 47 degrees celsius with the humidex. Way too hot for man nor beast to ride or do anyhting but sit in front of the AC or you would sweat to death. Ontario gets some major heat waves during the summer but thank god it just passed and hopefully it stays gone cause that was a brutal couple of weeks there for a while.

I was thinking about joining that group until I saw about 6 of them one day. There was this older beared guy who was beside himself with glee. He was the man in charge and was practically frothing at the mouth as he herded everyone constanly while coddling and drooling over his maps. His voice was higher than normal... probably due to the intense sense of self satisfaction that was making him crazy.

Later on that day I came by my car and they were all taking a break, again, with this guy in complete control of everyone and everything. On the side of the road there's a shoulder with loose dirt on it. I spun my tire super slowly and did a semi-cirle donut to point myself in the other direction. It was all very calm and in slow mo practically. This guy starts screaming at me and flipping out. I wasn't sure what he was saying but I thought he was telling me to do a full donut. I nodded my head..."no" because I didn't want to do a donut for him. He was actually telling me to stop doing what I was doing and when I nodded no the hissy fit escalated to a new level. Finally I realised something was wrong with this hyper wanker and went over to see him. "Don't make any marks on the should because the ranger calls me and gives me hell everytime!!!!"

I said "The ranger holds you personally responible for every rider that ever comes here? That's weird." Then I said "Next time you want somebodies attention don't freak out and yell like a rotten spoiled child"

His insider group of cronies looked me down with their frowns and stares as I walked to my bike and left. What a looser. Now I purposely blow that group of woman away everytime I see them. Makes me feel good if nothing else.

Yesterday 12:32 PM

Was this in Limerick? I think I know who your talking about and you would not

have Limerick to ride if not for that man cutting trails and attending meeting that may involve trail closures. Your first strike was riding a loud MX bike, I'm assuming your were on a KX 250 but I may be wrong. The thing is if there are

complaints that are funneled through this man and he has to endure a lot of flack for rider disregard. He may not have been tactful when confronting you but when you see young guy power sliding on the soft shoulder, something you have been ragged on before. It might make you a bit upset.

Was this in Limerick? I think I know who your talking about and you would not

have Limerick to ride if not for that man cutting trails and attending meeting that may involve trail closures. Your first strike was riding a loud MX bike, I'm assuming your were on a KX 250 but I may be wrong. The thing is if there are

complaints they are funneled through this man and he has to endure a lot of flack for rider disregard. He may not have been tactful when confronting you but when you see young guy power sliding on the soft shoulder, something you have been ragged on before. It might make you a bit upset.

The type of leader who puts others off by being too enthusiastic (read too righteous) limits the effectiveness of leadership.

There is no difference in this guys actions than an overly forceful patrolman. Like that guy has never roosted on the trail/shoulder to get turned around :thumbsup:

Even if that guy is the stewart of the trail effort in that forest, it doesn't give him the right to act that way. If he was calm and collected then maybe there would be another contributing member of his group. Good thing there are a number of advocacy groups to choose from, because not all are as effective or tolerant as they should be.

Even if that guy is the stewart of the trail effort in that forest, it doesn't give him the right to act that way. If he was calm and collected then maybe there would be another contributing member of his group. Good thing there are a number of advocacy groups to choose from, because not all are as effective or tolerant as they should be.

We are only getting one side of this story. I would have to get the other side

before commenting further. If this is the same guy I'm thinking about I can't see him reacting that strongly if it was as harmless as Quantum says.