Sign in to follow this  

buying a 200 kx250F help

Buying a bike this weekend, not too new to this. Have owned a a 426 and tow YZ250F in the past. I am looking at a 2006 KX250F. Here is the gig. I found a rider for Team Kawasaki locally. At the end of the year he gets rid of some of his bikes. Here is what I'm picking up this weekend, It is a KX250F 2006, has eight hours on it. As soon as he gets the bikes he sends them right off to pro circuit. This bike has the pro circuit motor in it, told about $1500 worth of work on it. Has a revalve job, not the pro circuit susp but a revalve. What does this entail and how much does this usually cost. I can pick the bike up for $4900, it has other pro circuit things done to among bars and pipe.This is not one of his race bikes

I have another option if the bike is still there. It is a brand new, never started 2006 KX250F with the pro circuit motor. All stock except for the motor. Now due to mix up he is going to give me the same deal for the other bike, he is doing me a favor on this one. Otherwise he wants $5500 firm, which is still a good price.

Would you guys take the new one never started or the one with eight hours on it and susp work , among pipe and other pro circuit knick knacks?

explain why, he said the stock motors are good but not really everyday rider friendly. Says the pro circuit work makes them more durable. Have a friend that works at Kawa and also confirmed that.

Even though only 8 hrs on it, still take the new one, how come?

take the new 1

but i would be cautious about procircuits motors........

i dunno a team up here richmond kawi runs procircuit motors and they are always having bike problems like every weekend

and the new 1 u would know how the motor was broken in etc....

u could get him to switch some thing over like the exst and stuff

he won't switch any of the stuff over.

Wonder why everone talks great about pro circuit motors if there are problems. This is the first I've heard of problems with them. I'm not sure what to do