Sign in to follow this  

Help wr250f suspension

Hey guys i plan on doing the wz conversion on my bike an 04 wrf250. right now im hitting up alot of tracks and no trails im getting my suspension done this winter but for now i want to stiffen the stock suspension up espeacialy the front. how do i go about doing this and how do iknow how much to adjust? i know how to set the sag do i mess with the gas settings?

thanks,

chris

i adjusted my front forks 6 clicks at first and then changed it to 3. then i did 4 clicks on the rear suspension. made it feel some what stiffer but i adjusted the spring rate with one full turn of the rear nut the results were it made my bike feel fast as in i felt like i could reach a higher top speed and it was easier to wheelie. has anyone done this before to a wrf?

Increase the compression as required till it is maxed out (screw in). If that does not cut it you can add 5mm oil to each fork. If that still does not do it you can step up spring rate. All very inexpensive options. You are not changing the spring rate by turning the nut on the rear suspension. Those are high and low speed compression settings. Spring rate is the spring itself.:thumbsup: