Sign in to follow this  

Any trail riding in the Port Angeles/Sequim area?

The wife and I are looking to get out of the wonderfull state of California. Sequim is on our list of options and I was wondering if there is any decent trail riding in the area. I have young kids and am not really interested in tracks so I was just checking to see if there is some good trail riding and any places to take the kids. Thanks, Jon

There is Sadie Creek by Joyce, which is by Port Angeles. That's a 20 mile loop or so. There's also Burnt Hill by Sequim, I'm not familiar with that area though.

Little Jeff

I saw a couple in the sticky at the top of the forum but it was only like 30 miles or so total. That would get boring in about a week or so. Just wondering if there were some more that were "off" the map.

Port Angeles has a nice series of single track loops in the Foothill area. Another beautiful fairly technical ride is along both sides of the Dungeness River just below the Olympic National Park. Lots of neat trails in the 'Burnt Hill' area above Sequim. Sadie Creek has some nice easy trails plus a very scenic more technical loop up higher.

Very cool. Glad to hear. I can now add it on my list. It's getting narrowed down but it is still a pain to decide to where to move to.Thanks for the input. Jon

The wife and I are looking to get out of the wonderfull state of California...

Do you mean to set up residence or for a vacation?

We are looking to set up residence. We have narrowed it down to Sequim area or the Twin Lakes area of Arkansas. I know, two completely different places, but I have family in both and like it in both places.

We are looking to set up residence...

I am a Santa Clarita escapee. :ride: Won't you miss Jawbone in the winter?

Anyway, best of luck to you on your decision. :thumbsup:

Sequim is not too far from tahuya/belfair where there is realy good winter woods riding ( wet too, but woods).

Sequim is not too far from tahuya/belfair where there is realy good winter woods riding ( wet too, but woods).

I was giving the man a hard time...Jawbone is in the Mojave Desert and is great riding in the winter, but still desert...only tree you might find is a yucca and you don't want to get close to those. :thumbsup:

I will definatley miss jawbone and will for sure miss blasting down the sand washes in 5th pinned. I love the riding out here, but hell, I love riding period. I'm just worried about schools. My daughter goes into middle school in 2 more years and the middle and high schools are getting bad. Especially up here. They pretty much have two gangs, blacks vs. hispanics. My wife's cousin's have kids in the middle schools, they are hispanic and are really good, quiet kids. 3 of them got jumped last year for no reason, just because they are hispanic. It is just getting rediculous up here. My family's welfare comes 1st so we decided to start looking. Plus I could use a little slower paced lifestyle.

I will for sure miss blasting down the sand washes in 5th pinned.

Here's the closest thing to a sandwash up here (IN AUGUST!!):

diamond_mill_02.jpg

Oh wait...here's one that's actually in the deserts of eastern Washington(IN APRIL):

http://stumpjumpers.smugmug.com/gallery/1355389/7/64426559

Ever seen a bomb run in Cali that looked like this?:

http://stumpjumpers.smugmug.com/gallery/1355389/7/64437558

"You're gonna love it...I guarantee it"...Men's Warehouse

Palo Alto in Sequim is pretty good too. It is on 101 right before you enter town.

Palo Alto in Sequim is pretty good too. It is on 101 right before you enter town.

I'll keep it in mind. It is definately on our "list" of places to move. Already have the job thing figured out, just need to figure out housing and how much we will make off of our place. It won't be for 6-12 months so I'm just checking things out right now.