Sign in to follow this  

Rear Carry Rack

Any recommendations :thumbsup: on a rear carry rack for a tent and sleeping bag?

It is for a DRZ400S.

Thanks,

Mark

Looks like a Pro Moto Billet copy and PMB has been a TT sponsor almost since day one. Actually, if memory serves me correctly, they were our first sponsor. I say support those that support you! :ride:

http://www.promotobillet.com/shop/category.asp?catid=19

We have the PMB unit on the DRZ475TT and it's solid, fits well and looks great. :thumbsup:

TT Store has the S rack for $151.95 w/ free ground shipping in the continental US

Neil you are right. I should have done a search. I thought to after I made my post :thumbsup: , found lots of good info. Bryan, the pro billet looks nice. I think that may be my choice.

-Mark

I have Suzuki's rack and love it. :thumbsup: I like the tool kit pod on the side. I always have tools and a place to put my registration. It seems plenty sturdy for any duty that I would give it.

Kytech has also raised their prices -- they used to be $110. PMB also mounts a little cleaner (i.e. no cutting the side panels to make it fit).

It to bad they don't have a model like the one for the KTM avalible for the DRZ.

I have a Kytech rack and they fit like a glove, no cutting etc. Mine only took a few minutes to install. Strong too, great for lifting the bike etc.

BJ

Neil you are right. I should have done a search. I thought to after I made my post :applause: , found lots of good info. Bryan, the pro billet looks nice. I think that may be my choice.

-Mark

That's all right Mark, I wasn't having a pop at you.

I find it very useful, and generally quicker than posting a question.

I just seems lately that most TT'ers have forgotten how to use the search function.

I hear it is not always working :ride:

Not a problem for me, as it is always on for members.

Neil. :thumbsup::applause::applause:

I bought this rack off eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/klx-400-DRZ-400-Luggage-Rack-Bolts-on-easily_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34284QQihZ002QQitemZ120018425445QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Love it. Cheap, light, strong, and easy to install. It even leaves you enough space to mount the tool bag. There aren't any available currently. I think the guy sells out frequently. I also bought some DirtBagz. They're awsome. They are made right here in CO by some really nice folks.

http://moto-sportpanniers.com/dirtbagz/

I have lots of storage now.

buy a welder and figure one out?

Thats what I did and had it truck bed lined. I mounted a DR 350 tool box behind the license plate.68579909-S.jpg

Thats what I did

Of all the racks I have seen I like yours the best. Would you make me one?

PM me.

-Mark

Well I ordered a PMB from TT on Monday, Hope it gets here soon.