Sign in to follow this  

Potential Rival to the DRZ??

that looks sick i want one

No, lovely bike but 15 hour service intervals, piston changes every 5k, more of a race bike than a sturdy do-it-all DRz.

Check out this ADV Rider link....

Rival? The Aprilia will slaughter the DR-Z as far as power goes. The Aprilia (450 and 550) have between 60-70 horsepower right out of the box. That's almost double what the Z is pushing. One problem with the Aprilias right now is that they're not street legal even though they do have lights and signals. I don't think there's even a comparison between a purpose built supermoto like the SXV and the DR-Z. Apples and oranges.

I love my DR-Z SM... but I'd love for it to make 60 HP.

Those two bikes are not in the same class.

HP, handling, race ready,...it's the Aprilla

Maintenance, reliability, COST...it's the DRZ.

Would love to have one though... (drool) Would never want to get the thing dirty either, and that's just not right....

Wonder why it's not street legal, EMissions??? I can't find a price for it, anyone know? Appereantly it's available in the US.

You have to hear one of those Aprilias - one of the sweetest sounding bikes on earth. There was one at the Parry Sound WEC round.

But the cost ...............!!!!!!!!!!! something like 10+ large US.

And parts.......!!!!!

BJ

They cost ~$8500.... I've been bugging the dealer here in seattle about that bike. It blows goats that it's not street legal. The freaking bike has a catalytic converter for cryin out loud. whatev... Believe you me I've read about as much as i could on that bike just before she came out in the US. Reliability on the DRZ is leaps and bounds better.

Aftermarket parts are very limited on the Aprilia.

In my opinion... The DRZ is the best bang for the buck. Hence, I bought one :applause::ride: In fact, every bike shop in the Puget Sound area can't keep pipes, jet kits, etc on the shelf. Everything has to be special ordered. This fact isn't limited to local bike shops... the TT store has a back log of 30 FCR's. Keihin in Japan can't keep up production.

Unless another company comes up w/ a comparable bike for the same price and versatility.... Suzuki has a monopoly. I'm not complaining. It's everyone elses loss.

In short... there's no competition :thumbsup:

Could this bike be a potential good rival for the DRZ?? Opinions?? I like the looks of this thing a lot..

http://www.apriliausa.com/modelli/offroad/modello.asp?id=112#

i actually saw one last weekend. its totally sweet! I'm in love! they aren't banned from the USA, the just not street legal. the shop wanted $8500 for it. :ride: if you want one, street legal, you have to wait until 2008. also the SM version comes out that year as well. when you see one in person, you will start to see how skinny it is compared to the drz and little things like the spotty welding. aka, bird poop. :thumbsup: and thinks like that. over all, i still love it!

Sweet ride. Make sure you have MSRP X2 you'll need it first time it breaks.

I have lusted for many an Aprilia but everyone one I knew with one spent more time and money fixing than riding. Fine if you can live with it.

Those are smokin' lookin' bikes! I'd love to have one just for the pimpness of it. :thumbsup: But, like Plane Dr says, you'll be spending ongoing big bucks and probably more time wrenching than riding! :ride: The DRZ is near bulletproof and pretty damn cheap to buy and own as well. :applause:

Wonder why it's not street legal, EMissions??? I can't find a price for it, anyone know? Appereantly it's available in the US.

Aprilia missed the homologation period to get the bikes DOT-certified as streel legal in the States for the 2007 models. You can likely expect to see street legal versions late next year.

Werent these bikes banned in AMA events because of the V-twin?

Read on an Aprilia owner's forum that those things were getting anywhere from 40-60 miles to reserve. Frickin beautiful bikes, but damn, as much as I ride, that'd be pretty much everyday!