Sign in to follow this  

Anyone have a Q2 on there XR400?

just picked up a FMF Q2 (stock header) for the 2000 XR! I spook with the tech at FMF and he said the a couple of Friends have just put the pipe no with the stock jetting and they ran fine, but those where XR650's not the 400 !

This muffler is for the XR400 (i check the part # with FMF) so I'm hoping i can just slip on, but if anyone out there has the same pipe on there XR400 please shoot me some tip's :ride: , if you don't mind :thumbsup: !

:applause: "Keep the rubber side down" :applause:

Mitch

.....Got one on my 250 and didn't need to change jetting. For the most part it increased the low end which I was happy about.

Have you opened up your air box, an what kind of air filter are you using? I have not done any mod's to the air box it's all stock, oh i did put in a UNI air filter with no noticeable deference?

thank you for the info. :thumbsup:

.....Yes, the snorkel has been removed and I have a UNI on it, I followed the generic Gordon Mod's and went for a ride. The bike had a noticeable difference in throttle response and mid range.

.....There was a little more top end noticed but with the terrain I ride it doesn't do much for you. The Q2 increased the low end grunt of the bike which means first gear doesn't last very long (stock gearing).

Thank you for the information, I live at sea level and will be headed to the MTN's (About 7000' to 8500') have you done any riding at that elevation?

I may weight until I return to the bay area before installing?

Again thanks for the information,

Mitch

Now that you guys have used your Q2's a little, would you still go back and buy it? How did it hold up? Worth the $300?

I know this may not count but I just put a Q2 with a complete header on my son's 300ex. FMF said to only raise the main jet. I had to raise the main jet, raise the clip on the needle on groove plus up the slow jet one size. Be careful of popping on decel. If you get that, up your pilot one size.