Sign in to follow this  

Hard wire electrical outlet for DRZ400s

Hope this has not come up every other week but it seems like everytime I try to search this site the search function is down and I have not seen the subject come up yet.

So what I'm trying to find out is there a live wire key on/off up in the gauge area to hard wire power outlet to? If there is is it on a fuse? Am I stuck having to run the wire all the way back to the battery and with an inline fuse? I'm looking to run a gps on this socket. No heated gear, heated seat or anything like that. I may also use it with and electrical air pump too so I need to pull at least 10 amps.

Thanks

Run a new line, you won't regret it. Especially if you want to have it be able to pull 10amps.

Run a new line, you won't regret it. Especially if you want to have it be able to pull 10amps.

I was wondering about that, have you done it yet? Anything to be aware of? I think is strait forward.

Thanks

I ran a completely new line for both my helmet lights and the HID headlight I use for night riding/racing. I ran them next to the main harness and in their own loom to protect them from abrasion. I did that so I could remove the whole thing when I'm not going to need them for a while. I just connected them directly to the battery with the appropriate size fuse close the battery end.