Sign in to follow this  

clutch problem

I recently purchased a new '06 CRF450. When riding, the clutch lever seems to get tons of free play and the engagement point moves closer to the handlebar. What is the best way to fix this?

I recently purchased a new '06 CRF450. When riding, the clutch lever seems to get tons of free play and the engagement point moves closer to the handlebar. What is the best way to fix this?
nature of the beast. you really only have 2 choices (besides living with it); put on a juice clutch (they're self-adjusting) or a better on-the-fly "quick adjust" perch, then do it in the air like Chad and Ricky.

You also have another option and that is to get a rekluse! Those things rock! and you will be able to keep your left hand on the bar rather then fiddling with a quick adjuster......much safer.

just adjust it so it doesnt get as much freeplay when riding

yeah, I have just put in a new clutch ( discs, pressure plate, hub, and basket) and my clutch fades like a Mo-Fo.

i think the plates expand, pushing the pressure plate further away from the actuator lever, causing the push rod to "reach" for the throw out bearing.

a magura hydraulic clutch kit will self adjust as you ride, with no fade but its costly....I have an ASV qiuick adjust perch and I cant even get through a 10 lap moto with out stopping and adjusting the play....not good.

:thumbsup: also remember to reset your play after the bike cools....it gets real tight sometimes.