Sign in to follow this  

Wanted 2000 DRZ 400E or Compatible Head Pipe

Took my new to me 2000 DRZ400E out for the first major ride after a 25 year break in dirt riding :ride:. The bike is essentially stock with the 3 x 3, MCCT, TT case shield, body/radiator armoring, and a few other minor mods. It has plenty of power as is :thumbsup: (actually more than I currently need with my rusty riding skills), but the bike has a severely dented head pipe (approximately 20 to 25% collapse of the head pipe at the bottom of the first major bend). Actually ordered a Muzzy replacement, but cancelled after the ride. If you have a reasonably undented head pipe for an E model, I would be interested in talking about price.

Thanks,

Jerry

Tough part to find with all the S owners looking for them. I'd get the muzzy if I were you,,,,wait I did :thumbsup:

I have one that came with the E muffler I just bought. It's wrapped in heat tape.

The bike is wicked fast as is and adding HP doesn't seem prudent (have mortgage, must work). Hence the search for the head pipe. Had a muzzy ordered and the JD kit, canceled both after my first ride.

If you go muzzy you need to go the full system. Not a hope it will fit up to the stock pipe. I had a hard time trying to convince anyone to sell me just a head pipe, when I told them mine was crushed they finally said they would. The they told me how much. :thumbsup:

I had mine fixed I can live with ugly.

I installed a White Bros stainless headpipe on my E with a stock muffler. Seemed like a good option to replace a rusted headpipe.