Sign in to follow this  

Question about bar height and position

I'm 6'3 and ride a XR605R and need some advice. My set up includes the stock triple clamp, Scott's stabilizer with rear mount, and Renthal Jimmy Button bars. My problem is I need my bars raised 1 - 1 1/2 inches to feel comfortable while standing. The easy solution is to purchase the risers and be done with it, however this won't work with my stabilizer set up. I really don't want to throw allot of money at it and feel there's got to be an easier solution for me.

The bars I have now are 110mm tall and Renthal has a Desert Vintage high bend that are 118mm tall which is only about 1/2 inch taller then what I already have. My thought is what about a pair of ATV bars. I know I will probably need to either reroute my cables or purchase longer ones. I know the ATV bars are taller, but are they narrower then a typical off road bar?

It has been suggested I need to buy a new triple clamp. I know they will bring the bars forward, but it still doesn't help with my stabilizer set up unless I go with a under-mount clamp which still won't work with a rear mount stabilizer.

So what do you think about a mild ATV handlebar.

I have the same problem too. I just purchased some Pastrana FMX bends...they almost four inches 4.75 inches tall...CR high is 3.4 or something. I like them. I am 6-3 also. Hope this helps.