Sign in to follow this  

auto decompession cam mod. Does it work?

my KLX had auto decompression and after I figured out the kick it was a 1-2 kicker hot or cold. My first time out with this 01 wr250f, I had a hell of a time kicking it over, I must admit it was user error no doubt. But will this bull dog start easier with the new cam?

Yes, an 03 cam is well worth the $130.00 :thumbsup:

check out this thread

Do a search and you will find a ton of info.

I must admit it was user error no doubt. But will this bull dog start easier with the new cam?

heavens no. that is why for the last 3 years we have cursed all hours of the day about the 03 cam in an 01-02 bike.

:ride::thumbsup::applause:

The auto decomp just makes it A LOT easier to kick over. The number of kicks to get it running is still the same.

I just went with the Hot Cams. Worth it? YES

The auto decompression mod is by far the most useful use of $130 that you could put into that bike. I put one in my 01 YZ and its worked wonders, makes starting a million times easier, epecially if you dump in a motocross race.

The auto decompression mod is by far the most useful use of $130 that you could put into that bike. I put one in my 01 YZ and its worked wonders, makes starting a million times easier, epecially if you dump in a motocross race.

+1

This is a must-have item. I got mine on eBay for $60 shipped. Well worth it.

pugetsound - my WR250F is easier to kick than my KLX300 w/ ACR mod, but the KLX lights up easier. The WR is a breeze to kick now though and you can forget about the decomp lever. The only time I use it is to clean out the engine if it's flooded. When flooded, the WR is easier to start then my FCR pumper KLX. The decomp lever is super helpful with that. I'm definately keeping it for that reason. Do the cam mod! You won't be sorry. I'd suggest the YZ cam instead of the WR cam. You'll like it performance wise too!