Sign in to follow this  

Help with 00' E Sag/clicker settings

I've been searching for about a half an hour and cant find the exact info I need. Hopefully someone can help.

I'm heading over to a friends house to help him set up his sag on his (just purchased) 2000 DRZ400E. It is completely stock and we have no manual.

He is 200 lbs without gear, so I know he will need to respring ASAP. But we need to get it close for his first couple of rides on stock springs.

1. What should the sag be on the 00' E model? I'm more concerned about static sag, because I doubt he'll be able to get the correct race sag without the new springs.

2. What are the factory setting for rebound and compression on the fork and shock?

Thanks for the help.

I used to own a DRZ and found this forum (especially Burned) to be the most friendly and helpful on all of TT :thumbsup:

the best advise i can give (since i don't have an '00 and don't know how it is to be ridden) is to set the static sag around 1.5 in. and then play with the clickers during the ride. make sure to count and keep track of your adjustments.

Forks - rebound is 15 clicks out, compression is 12 clicks out

Shock - rebound is 13 clicks out, compression is 12 clicks out

(according to the repair manual)

I weigh the same as your buddy. I think the stock rear spring will be OK but the fork springs will have to be changed. Play with the sag on the rear. I have mine a little more than recomended but it works well for me. The key was to turn the rebound in quite a bit from the factory settings but I don't remember where they are at.

I have .46 fork springs and to me they seem good. Since they wre in the bike when I got it I never rode it with the stock springs.

Thanks for the info guys.

We were actually able to get both the static and race sag within spec.

He'll be riding it this weekend for the first time and its nice to know that it is dialed in. For now, we've set the clickers at the stock settings and might add a bit of compression to compensate for being under sprung. Its his first dirt bike, so I'm sure these settings and springs will be fine for now.

Mmaxed- you're right. I called Factory Connections and they recommended the 5.5 shock spring and .46 fork springs.

That will be his first mod, I'm sure :thumbsup:

Thanks for the help everyone. Hopefully I will keep the rubber side down and keep the bike in one piece for some mods :thumbsup:

Welcome to the wonderful world of TT, Rick. Nice handle. We'll make sure we get that DRZ dirty as often as we can :thumbsup: