Sign in to follow this  

YZ250 vs YZF250 and YZF450 and CR250

I currently ride an '05 yzf250 and love it. But, I'd like a bit more power. I've ridden several yzf 450s and didn't like how heavy they feel. And they really felt like they had more power and bulk than I need. I've been thinking an '06 yz 250 may split the difference really well. But, I've never ridden one to know how torquey and tractible they are down low.

I've ridden a friend's 2000 Honda cr250 and it was a handful in the woods because of how hard the power hit in the midrange. I haven't ridden it on the mx track though to know how it would be there. Can you guys provide feedback on how the newer yz 250s compare to these other bikes? BTW I ride about 70% mx and 30% woods/enduro.

Thanks!

If you do a search on this forum there is an unlimited amount of info about your question.

If you thought the 2000 CR was handful, the 06 blue bike will be WAAAYYYY more :ride:

The YZ 250 is all about fun, and thrills when you crack that throttle. It rips from the bottom to the top and is only given up about 1-2 horses compared to the 450 :applause: Don't ride woods so can't help you there, I do ride mostly MX and my YZ450F was a couch compared to my smoker. I love this bike and the motor is perfect in stock form, the more I ride it the more fun I have and I've been spinnin laps on it since February.......Search the forum :thumbsup:

I ride an 03 YZ 250... Mostly moto... 80%, but I have never had any problems in the woods when im out. My buddy has an 01 CR 250, and I would say the YZ has more power, but I think my YZ is more usable and the power is spread out more. I put an 8oz flywheel weight on it for a little more bottom end, it its now even easier in the woods, better drive out of the corners on the track, but revs just the same every where else. Hope that helps...

I've been thinking an '06 yz 250 may split the difference really well. But, I've never ridden one to know how torquey and tractible they are down low.
IHMO, the new YZ's have an extremely useable power curve. Best to bum a ride on one, but I suspect you'll love it :thumbsup: .