Sign in to follow this  

Ron, I've got some competition for your new lid

:thumbsup::ride:

RJreplicahelmet.jpg

Rick Johnson Troy Lee Designs replica helmet.

Might have to talk to my rep about getting one of these:thinking:

Maybe it's the pic but I find that kind of fugly, hehehe....besides, them's Honda colors ain't they??

:applause:

:thumbsup::ride:

Maybe it's the pic but I find that kind of fugly, hehehe....besides, them's Honda colors ain't they??

:applause:

Here we go again, I must have the weirdest taste in the world. I think that helmet looks AWESOME!!!!!!

You've been out of commission for a few weeks Crfan. I bought the new MX Des Nations helmet from One Industries and nobody in my household including Chris's girlfriend likes it.

I like the old school stuff. I would be all over some of the old Sinisalo gear from the mid 80's or the old JTracing stuff from that same era.

RJreplicahelmet.jpg

Rick Johnson Troy Lee Designs replica helmet.

Might have to talk to my rep about getting one of these:thinking:

Good thing I didn't see that before I bought mine, I would have had a difficult decision to make. I love the TLD helmets so probably would have ended up with that. I love it, when you ordering one? I like that better than the PPG helmet from TLD.

Here we go again, I must have the weirdest taste in the world. I think that helmet looks AWESOME!!!!!!

You've been out of commission for a few weeks Crfan. I bought the new MX Des Nations helmet from One Industries and nobody in my household including Chris's girlfriend likes it.

I like the old school stuff. I would be all over some of the old Sinisalo gear from the mid 80's or the old JTracing stuff from that same era.

Hehehe....fair enough....it's not that it is that bad......even though I am 41, i just don't like all of the old school stuff :thumbsup:

Good thing I didn't see that before I bought mine, I would have had a difficult decision to make. I love the TLD helmets so probably would have ended up with that. I love it, when you ordering one? I like that better than the PPG helmet from TLD.

Not sure if I'll get one or not, I guess they're limited edition so I better decide quick.

I can get them pretty cheap but money is tight and it would be hard to justify buying a new helmet when I just got one at the beginning of the year.

And CRFan1, I kind of agree with you in that it's not the coolest paint job in the world as far as design and colors, but the retro factor is why I think it's so cool. Plus this was the helmet he was wearing right around when I first started riding...I think.

Ron what year would you say that helmet is from? :thumbsup:

RJ rode for Yamaha for a few years before moving over to Honda. In 1986 he won the Supercross, 250 outdoors, and 500 USGP for Honda. He never did that again, so I would guess 1986. By the way, here is a great trivia site for motocross buff's.

http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/ME2/dirsect.asp?sid=9945527E1D6A4953ACE23BB700C838FF&nm=EVERY+CHAMP

That PPG Fillmore helmet is the only one I can think of that I like with all the different colors. I love the old JT racing and Sinsalo gear from the mid 80's as well. I just like the retro stuff better, maybe because that's what I grew up racing with or the memories. I just don't care for some of this busy, throw as many colors at it as you can, new stuff on the market.

I just read over on the KXF forums today about the white plastic for my bike. How do you think my bike in white plastic with the Team Kawi graphics, except in Red letter for the Kawasaki and a red graphite color scheme on the bottom would look?

I may have to spend some bucks over the winter coming up with something unique. I wonder if I could get anyone to make that or if those graphics are copyrighted or something. Take out the black and replace with red or some other color on the white would be cool. Maybe even a flo green letters and graphite.

Now I got something to think about when I drive back from St Louis tomorrow!!!!!!!

I wanted to get the white plastic and the MDK graphics for mine but i think i will hold off on that cuz i am started to go to school full time for my bacholars :thumbsup: its going to be pretty rough working full time and school full time :ride:

I just read over on the KXF forums today about the white plastic for my bike. How do you think my bike in white plastic with the Team Kawi graphics, except in Red letter for the Kawasaki and a red graphite color scheme on the bottom would look?

I may have to spend some bucks over the winter coming up with something unique. I wonder if I could get anyone to make that or if those graphics are copyrighted or something. Take out the black and replace with red or some other color on the white would be cool. Maybe even a flo green letters and graphite.

Now I got something to think about when I drive back from St Louis tomorrow!!!!!!!

When did they come out with white plastic for your bike??? I've always been a fan of white plastic and I've got a nibble on my bike right now, so if I get a 450 it would probably be white :thumbsup:

You need pink goggles to go with any TLD gear..gaygaygay

I hope you're kidding :thumbsup:

When did they come out with white plastic for your bike??? I've always been a fan of white plastic and I've got a nibble on my bike right now, so if I get a 450 it would probably be white :thumbsup:
UFO has it, problem is getting it though. I guess it's hard to find dealers that stock it. When I get back in town I will talk to Andy since they are pretty good UFO dealer.

UFO has it, problem is getting it though. I guess it's hard to find dealers that stock it. When I get back in town I will talk to Andy since they are pretty good UFO dealer.

I'd say so! Last I heard Dave was still working out of that building and he's the USA importer of UFO!

If anybody should have it, it should be Tuf.....although I know from experience that Tuf doesn't always make the most sense :thumbsup:

I'd say so! Last I heard Dave was still working out of that building and he's the USA importer of UFO!

If anybody should have it, it should be Tuf.....although I know from experience that Tuf doesn't always make the most sense :thumbsup:

When Chris broke his rear fender they were the only dealer anywhere that could get me the stock green. I heard the rear fender in white is backordered but when I get back I will just have them order me a set so it comes when it comes. It's a winter project anyway, so it won't matter how long it takes.

I just have to figure out what to do on graphics. Probably have something custom made so it's one of a kind.

Sorry Troy Lee--gay to me.

I can respect that, I guess everybody has their own opinion :thumbsup:

When Chris broke his rear fender they were the only dealer anywhere that could get me the stock green. I heard the rear fender in white is backordered but when I get back I will just have them order me a set so it comes when it comes. It's a winter project anyway, so it won't matter how long it takes.

I just have to figure out what to do on graphics. Probably have something custom made so it's one of a kind.

Here's some that I was messing around with until I found out I couldn't get white plastic for my current bike:

2006-4.jpg

2006-5.jpg

Obviously rough copies that I was doing in MSPaint, but it's an idea.

I mentioned to my Troy Lee rep that I remember Jeff Ward used to have a pretty sweet helmet back in the day similar to the RJ one but in green and navy blue and how that would be a cool replica to make.

He responded with "Stay tuned..."

I'm gonna have to wait and see this one if they're going to make it :thumbsup: