Sign in to follow this  

No $$ for a chain guide??? Read This!!!!!

Ok, so you can't afford 70 smackers for a chain guide. Make you own. This is a great "how to" that this guy Cameron Carr sent me a long time ago. It's for an XR100, but it's pretty much the same deal as a TTR, you just need to make some adjustments. Everything can be found from scraps and your mom's old (or not so old) cutting board.

http://www.socalxrs.com/chainguide1.htm

first off that is nice :thumbsup: do you know if the bolt patern is different or if it needs to be lower for a larger sprocket than on the 100? it looks like the top is a bit wide, might just look like that tho, i think i might have to try that thanks for the links! :ride:

That is sweet, I might just try that. Oh, and does he know how to build a frame cradle? That would be cool too. Thanks for the link

Making a frame cradle is fairly easy as long as you have the meterials and machines to do so at hand.

Excellent post!!! If someone does do this can they be so kind as to put the new measurments and dimensions for a TTR 125? I'm sure that will help out many people including myself.

I am doing it right now. I just bought nice cutting board, and some metal. I am going to draw it out, and when I am done, I will let you all know. Looks really easy, and will work great.