Sign in to follow this  

gravel in the chain

today i was haulin up this hill that is pretty much just pea gravel and some how a bunch of gravel go lodged in my chain. the bike got kicked around from under my and i kept goin. has this happened to anyone before? could i have busted something in my motor because i was 4th gear pinned and it just locked up. i hope nothing bad happened. my valves started to make some noise afterwords though.

well i got it fixed now. it would have started fine but the chain was so tight and locked up that i couldnt get it into neutral.

yeh iv experienced that before, but not on my bike, I was at the annual HATTAH enduro here in Australia, ironically in my own town, and all factory teams etc show for its a big thing, anyway, i was standing on top of a sand dune, and it had been raining for the last week, so the sand was damp, and he and 23 other riders out of the couple of hundred riders dumped it on the hill climb i was on, hence i was fairly busy. One dude on a 2002 WR250 though dumped it and it was still going, then jammed up from all the sand under the chain on the rear sprocket, locked everything up, me and him tagged on trying to start this thing in gear for about 5 min until it finally went, then was extremely hard to get it to start moving, but once moving, its fine again.