Sign in to follow this  

Yosh Header Pipe Wont Fit

I bought a RS3 Yosh full system for my 2004 drz s model, when trying to put the front header pipe on it wouldnt fit to the bolts, this is with the sealing ring in or out. When it gets close it touches the radiator. It did say on the box that it was for the s model. I havent got to the middle part yet that most people have problems with. Shouldnt these exhausts bolt straight on like yoshimura customer services told me?

Well, I just ordered the RS3. I wonder if it will fit, especially with the Unibiker rad guards? Let us know how it works out for you.

It fits...with or without Unabikers. There have been lots of people (including myself) that didn't get the head pipe to fit on the first try. Use some elbow grease and you'l get it on there. It only clears my rad (with Unabikers) by like an 1/8th of an inch.

The RS3 went on without any problems on my 04 S in less than 1 hour.

it fits. just make sure you are throwing on the head first and then fit the rest of the pipe. Snug the allens then back off a few turns.

Mine went on fine, but it would have been worth the trouble, even with a low volume insert in, the bike sounds so sweet.

God i love yoshimura exhaust.

it's gonna' take lots of taps with the hammer!!!

follow all of the advice you've read up to here, but use a nice hard plastic head hammer.......that way you won't dent up your new pipe

of course, it's possible that you might have a bad bend, but give it a good try 1st, it's really a tight fit, but with some effort, it will slowly slide together :thumbsup:

I have unibikers and had to grind about 1/8 or so off the bottom round post to get the header to miss. I didn't want them rubbing but it does take some effort to get them on.

Just put mine on, went easy. Fit everything first then put header on leave it loose then work your way back leaving everything loose till it all together. It helps a lot if you got somebody to help.

I just put this system on my '02 DRZ-S and it fits but it was a giant pain. Lots and lots of beating with the rubber hammer to get the mid joint together. I had no trouble with the header however. On the positive side, it works and sounds great!