Sign in to follow this  

Exhaust for sxf

Hi i want to purchase an exhaust for my 06 sxf but i dont know which one, can you help me? :thumbsup:

i just bought a 2005.5 250sxf.

It came with the FMF 4.1/Megabomb....the Q slip on, and the stock pipes.

If you need a quiet pipe (under 98db + spark arrestor) go with the Q, its great quality.

But i personally like the FMF 4.1 system. It seems that with a wide tire, It MIGHT .....SLIGHTLY rub. but no biggie.

I really like my Q w/ stock header. It seemed to smooth out the power and give it a little more response down low.

I think I'd even keep it on to race MX.

My Q with stock headpipe took away a bunch of power as compared to my Dr.D setup...however it IS nice and quiet!!

the Q is waaaay more quiet. I've heard it going through the woods and its not obnoxious at all, and from the sidelines at an mx track the bike is hardly audible when running next to all the opened up 250F's

Did anyone else notice a big Handicap in terms of power when using the FMF Q silencer??

Fmf claim 2hp gains compared to stock silencer on an 05 yz250f........ can this be true.

If I knew the power would be the same but it would be way quiter i'd buy one for 07 sxf 250. havent even collected it yet! Soon though, very soon