Sign in to follow this  

Did I make a mistake buying DRZ? Husky looks nice!!

Yes you made a mistake. You should have done research before buying a bike. Now go trade in on the husky and good luck

more money, more weight, more power. What kind of riding do you do? The drz is already too heavy, and you want to get a heavier bike? Also, what kind of aftermarket exists for the huskies? I don't think that tight trails are going to work that well with the husky. I have read a lot of dual sport forums where the guy on the XR650 is always last, and the most tired, with the most get-offs at the end of the ride.

If you bought new then ya you probably should have done a little more searching. If you are new to ridding then no because the DRZ is all you can handle anyhow. The DRZ has plenty of power and if you do a few mods you can unleash quite a bit more. After a couple years on mine I'm certainly ready for something newer, but I just bought a new street bike so I will have to live my DRZ for a couple more years still.

I looked and researched for 6 months before I bought and though a Honda man for many years there is nothing else from the big 4 makers that is even close to the DR-Z400S for Dual Purpose. It has plenty of power and is way more nimble than the 650's. I also bought a Suzuki because there are 8 or 10 dealers that I know of within 50 miles of me. With support like that and this forum and store how could you possibly go wrong. :ride: The Husky's and KTM's are sweet pricey bikes with loads of power but a small support/dealer network. I for one am delighted I decided to buy the DRZ. :thumbsup:

Both are nice bikes, but I'd much prefer the maintenance schedule of the DRZ.

what maintenance? ???? just oil and ride the balls off it!!!

For the DRZ, yes. That was my point.

Depending on your state requirements??? plating an E would have been your best selection.

The Husky is more of a race bike for the street. At least the DRZ is somewhat comfortable on the street. Race bike = more maintenance. Also, there is a Suzuki dealer everywhere. Ever seen a Husky dealer??

The Husky is more of a race bike for the street. At least the DRZ is somewhat comfortable on the street. Race bike = more maintenance. Also, there is a Suzuki dealer everywhere. Ever seen a Husky dealer??

Yup! They sold chainsaws.

Thanks for the comments, I love my drz but when I saw that pic, looks sweet. I know that drz needs some mods. thats the only thing I wish I didnt have to do. I need to get rid of the deathwings first, 3x3 dynojet, exhaust and etc. I just wanted to hear some comment and information on what you thought about the chainsaw. :thumbsup:

Here is my recommendation for a Husky:

It's a only little louder than an uncorked DRZ at 101db's but it's probably the best machine in the world:

Husky Pic

Weighing in at 23lbs and with 8HP at your disposal, I bet there isn't a forest trail out there you couldn't clear with that.

Just one.

We had one in my town back in PA...They closed back around 1976 as I recall...I would love to have one though....