Sign in to follow this  

Restored 1992 CR125

My recently restored 1992 CR125R. (Don't be put off by the 1996 plastics!)

BTW: Thanks to all those Thumpertalk members who helped me out with this project... greatly appreciated!

886a8a46.jpg

This is a broken link. :thumbsup: I really wanted to see it. You should upload it into your garage.

Get More pics please!!, you have a before pic? and what ddi it cost to restore it. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Thanks guys! Here's one other pic (link below). Sorry, no pics of before restoration, which I regret bigtime. Trust me though, it was a complete piece of shit. It didn't really make financial sense. For one thing, I bought it thinking it was a 1996 model (that's what the seller said). I had to replace all suspension and steering bearings, re-sprayed the frame, reconditioned the brakes, and rebuilt the engine bottom end and transmission. I didn't keep a budget on the project, but paid GB£800 for the bike initially and spent around US$500 on the restoratin. I enjoyed it though, and learned a lot about these bikes in the process. I just have to get good at riding now!

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n80/drajasingam/IMGP0808redcued.jpg

Wow this bike shure looks great! Good job man. Looks wicked fast!

Thanks guys! Here's one other pic (link below). Sorry, no pics of before restoration, which I regret bigtime. Trust me though, it was a complete piece of shit. It didn't really make financial sense. For one thing, I bought it thinking it was a 1996 model (that's what the seller said). I had to replace all suspension and steering bearings, re-sprayed the frame, reconditioned the brakes, and rebuilt the engine bottom end and transmission. I didn't keep a budget on the project, but paid GB£800 for the bike initially and spent around US$500 on the restoratin. I enjoyed it though, and learned a lot about these bikes in the process. I just have to get good at riding now!

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n80/drajasingam/IMGP0808redcued.jpg

Nice, looks like you spent more than $500, but if you didnt great job :thumbsup: