Sign in to follow this  

Heavy duty tire tubes

Getting ready to order a set of Maxxis 6006 tires, what kind of heavy duty tubes are you using and where did you get them :thumbsup: ?

Thanks

John

Ive been running the Maxxis 6006s for the last 600 miles-great off road tire! I used the stock tubes that came with the bike and no flats so far. Good luck with them. Where in Cali are you from?

based on personal experience, i think heavy duty tubes are unneccessary except perhaps for pure race conditions such as mx or enduro.

they will generate more heat on the road and when you do have a puncture mostly likely a nail then it will rip more easily along the seams because of it's thickness. that happened to me at moab and no amount of slime will seal that kind of flat. always carry a 21" spare tube with tools and know how to change a tube in the woods.

as long as you plan to run recommended pressures and not do serious rock riding then stock tubes work fine. the only flat i've had in 15k miles was while using a heavy duty tube. go figure?

bol in your search.

steve

Thanks, I have also read on other forums that some folks have claimed more flats on heavy duty tubes than the standard tubes. Interesting.