Sign in to follow this  

Rear brake on corners?

Hi everyone,

Just wondering how much rear brake you use around corners. I have no idea how much i use, but i really dont think its a lot. Any ideas?

i used to exclusively use the rear brake, def. helped with carrying lots of corner speed i guess. although after doing the roadrace thing now i almost exclusively use the front brake. i use the rear to help slide the rear into position and to square of corners, that's about all it's good for.

Of course, the front brake has more stopping power but in MX the rear brake is actually used more. Leave the clutch out so the engine braking helps slow you down. You can pull the clutch in near the apex of the corner but before that leave it out.

For a lot more detailed info you may want to check out my DVD # 7 All About Cornering. www.mxraceschool.com :thumbsup:

hey man we have the same name, yours 1996 cr125 mine 1996CR125 I just thought I'd bring it up. :thumbsup:

hey man we have the same name, yours 1996 cr125 mine 1996CR125 I just thought I'd bring it up. :thumbsup:

WOO! gaww....brings a tear to my eye.... :ride:

yea i just wore my back brakes to the metal and my fronts only have a couple more rides but they wear more evenly on my crf so that helps their lifespan.