Putting S carb back on...

OK...I've done it before when I did my re-jet....BUT...it damn near takes an act of God to put the carb back in after making changes. I know that there has to be a trick/tip from all of you who make re-jetting a habit. What's the trick??? ?

Jered

Some suggest disconnecting the subframe - I have and wouldn't again.

If you use some careful brute force (yeah, probably an oxymoron) you can push the airbox boot back a fair way and hold it in place with a rod of some sort. It deforms, but goes back into shape.

Cheers

My trick was to twist the carb on its side then insert into the front boot, then get the rear boot lined up and use a screwdriver as a shoe horn.

That worked for me. The subframe is easy to unbolt but a major beeotch to get bolted back up alone.

The subframe is easy to unbolt but a major beeotch to get bolted back up alone.

Why, lift with the right hand and insert the bolt with the left, while standing on the left side of bike.

I do it every time I have ever removed my carb, and I have had a lot of practise :applause::applause:

And tomorrow I shall do it just for fun, no not really, I need to fit my FCR.

On the other hand I may just say, sod it, and go fishing instead.

Neil. ?:ride::applause:

Yeah it seems that brute force works but scratches the $hit out of my subframe with the intake side of the carb. Damn engineers!

I think is the actual frame you are scratching, not the subframe - and I have done it too. Still, pushing the boot back gives you more room to twist and turn the carb around the other obstructions.

Cheers

Can't go wrong fishing.

How's that old saying go !!!!!!!

A bad days fishing, is better than a good days working.

I shouldn't have said I was going fishing though, it's now pissing with rain and the wind (easterly) is getting up, so much for summer :ride:

Still as I have to work on the bike outside, I may as well get wet fishing.

Neil.

?:applause::applause:

How's that old saying go !!!!!!!

A bad days fishing, is better than a good days working.

I shouldn't have said I was going fishing though, it's now pissing with rain and the wind (easterly) is getting up, so much for summer :ride:

Still as I have to work on the bike outside, I may as well get wet fishing.

Neil.

?:applause::applause:

You do know they sell fish at the supermarket, right?

I think is the actual frame you are scratching, not the subframe - and I have done it too. Still, pushing the boot back gives you more room to twist and turn the carb around the other obstructions.

Cheers

Yep....That's what I meant. "Removing subframe" was still in my head from reading your post. ?

Just know you're not alone! I slapped some duct tape on the frame, and used a box end wrench (round end so as not to tear the boot) to lever the rubber air box boot back. Thought about the sub-frame, but with my luck I would tear some wires or such...