Sign in to follow this  

Best Sand Nobbie Tire

I am headed down to Pismo in October for the dunes race / freestyle jet ski comp, i found out you can not use a paddle tire for the race, whats the best nobbie for the sand? Oh ya, it's for a 05 CRF 450.

e.

Pirelli's sand tire is AMA legal. Its a paddle with the minimum number of mods necessary to be legal (i.e. no continous knob rows, etc). The Dunlop 773 is a good sand/mud tire that crosses over to intermediate pretty well. I run a 773 quite a bit but for pure sand the Pirelli would be my choice if I couldn't run a real paddle.

sweet im goin down too! perelli makes a tire that is so close to a paddle its almost like cheating, not sure of the name...

Pirelli's sand tire is AMA legal. Its a paddle with the minimum number of mods necessary to be legal (i.e. no continous knob rows, etc). The Dunlop 773 is a good sand/mud tire that crosses over to intermediate pretty well. I run a 773 quite a bit but for pure sand the Pirelli would be my choice if I couldn't run a real paddle.

This tire is AWESOME! It is the Pirelli MT410 we have a track in Missouri that has about 3 foot of SAWDUST on it. The tire works awesome there and I know a bunch of people frun it at Southwick! Its the legal paddle tire! :ride::thumbsup:

http://www.americanmototire.com/index.html?lang=en-us&target=d244.html

what would be a good front tire for the pismo dunes race? does the perelli have a matching front? and i guess more importantly does it work :thumbsup:

Try An Irc M5b. Huge Knobs!!! Try It Youll Like It !!!
I love this tire. I run a 130/80/18, and out in the woods it's like cheating!! I'm sure it would be great in sand considering how big the knobs are. As a bonus, you can run it in the dirt afterwards.