Sign in to follow this  

kx 250 suspension...need help!!

someone please give me some pointers here, i have a 2004 kx 250, and the suspension is stock, and let me put it simply....it sucks. it bottoms out at the track, and is not good for the woods. my friend bought his bike used and it was done by race tech, what do they do to it, and where can i get it done? his suspension is soo nice, even if you case a jump, you cant feel it.

well if you want your suspension to be really good you have to vavle it for what you ride. You cant vavle it for the track and expect it to be any good at all in the woods, and if you vavle it for the woods you cant expect it to be great at the track. As far as race tech you have to ship out your forks to them and have them vavle it. There site has contact info and general costs. Also, you mentioned bottoming out, maybe the springs you have in the bike are too soft for your weight.

It's the forks, they suck. Take the compression and rebound on the forks out 15 clicks. Ok, I know 15 clicks sounds just stupid, but try it. Also you should change the oil in the forks to HP, the honda showa stuff, 5 wt. See if that makes it more comfy for you. The forks will never be "good" but try going out 15 clicks on both compression and rebound, then you probably click in maybe 2 or 3 clicks depending on what you like.