Sign in to follow this  

Central Oregon (Bend) Recommendations

I'm heading down to the Bend area at the end of the month and I'm looking for some good ride recommendations. I'm really into woods type riding, tech is good, challenging intermediate to advanced riding, and I usually like to do a good 40+ mile loop in a day. Berms and jumps are cool and always hype me up but I mostly like scenic typing climbing to the top riding. In WA I like to ride Taneum and Lake Wetnachee the most..

Right now I'm planning on going to East Fort Rock, Rosland, and Edison Butte. Anyone got any good Scenic/Challenging trail recommendations at East Fort Rock or Edison? Just plain fun trails?

Edison Butte and Rosland are just a few miles from where I'm staying so I'll probably be hitting those spots in the same day since Rosland is pretty much just a play area.

Other areas?

Thanks!

Put on an old set of tires for Edison Butte, the place is loaded with sharp rolling Lava rocks. If you look at the map there's one big loop around the outside that goes past a couple cabins that are pretty neat.

There are fewer rocks farther away from the staging area. Watch for Mt bikers.

At EFR there's a trail that climbs pine mt towards the observatory. It's a great view.

Have fun

- Ryan

I'm heading down to the Bend area at the end of the month and I'm looking for some good ride recommendations. I'm really into woods type riding, tech is good, challenging intermediate to advanced riding, and I usually like to do a good 40+ mile loop in a day. Berms and jumps are cool and always hype me up but I mostly like scenic typing climbing to the top riding. In WA I like to ride Taneum and Lake Wetnachee the most..

Right now I'm planning on going to East Fort Rock, Rosland, and Edison Butte. Anyone got any good Scenic/Challenging trail recommendations at East Fort Rock or Edison? Just plain fun trails?

Edison Butte and Rosland are just a few miles from where I'm staying so I'll probably be hitting those spots in the same day since Rosland is pretty much just a play area.

Other areas?

Thanks!

ride the powerline up to Mt Bachelor - it'll be dusty but fun.