Sign in to follow this  

Any concerns with buying a left-over model new bike?

I noticed my local dealer has a brand new 2005 yamaha tw200 dual sport sitting around the showroom. I have a feeling they would be really looking to move it and probably give me a sweet deal if I showed some interest.

But even though its brand new, are there any concerns with buying a bike that has been sitting for 2 years? Like maybe tires, fluids, etc...??? Should I avoid it or is it nothing to really worry about?

i wouldn't worry i got my rm250 from the dealer in '04 and it is an '01 it had never been rode or anything walked out the door with a brand new bike for 3200

I noticed my local dealer has a brand new 2005 yamaha tw200 dual sport sitting around the showroom. I have a feeling they would be really looking to move it and probably give me a sweet deal if I showed some interest.

But even though its brand new, are there any concerns with buying a bike that has been sitting for 2 years? Like maybe tires, fluids, etc...??? Should I avoid it or is it nothing to really worry about?

I just found an 03 this year and saved 3G's. So far so good!

I figured I would have seal problems, but all's ok.

I've got about 20hrs on it so far. :thumbsup:

I picked up a left over 05' crf250r last saturday, put about 5 hours on it so far with no problems. Got a great deal compared to what they was wanting for a 06'.

I say go for it if the price is good.

The only concern I would have is if gas has been sitting in it for people to test ride it. Though not a real big concern, I would at least ask about it, if run often, gas sitting in carb etc. Its not a two stroke but still could have caused some minor gumming of the carb.

I bought a 2 1/2 year old NEW kdx and the only problem was the seat was very brittle and cracking apart almost immediately. I honestly didn't noticed the brittle seat until it started falling apart. Kawi replaced on warranty though.

i got my cr85 04 in december 05 for about 1,000 less. Had no problems except plug fowling...and that usually happens to all the 85s