Sign in to follow this  

float level?

um, i need to make my carbs float level 13mm. what does that mean? i feel so retarded for asking, but Eddie told me to do it but.....he didn't account for me being a tard. :thumbsup:

Eddie told me to keep the stock 142.5 main, DJ needle, clip 4, DJ slide spring, 25 pilot, 3 turns on the fuel screw, and 13mm float level.

um, yeah, i understand most of it, except the float level. so can some one help me please?

p.s. 'clip 4' means i count from the bottom up. right?

I hope not on the clip level thing. I counted from the top down. I'm sure this has been covered a million times. If everyone else would please get off the server, I could do a search. :thumbsup:

Oops I may have gotten my wires crossed and installed the DJ Needle clip 4 spaces up from the bottom, I believe this would mean its 2 or 3 spaces from the top.

What results would this have ? Can someone confirm how many clips/spaces are on a DJ needle ?

Taking my carb off again does not sound fun. :thumbsup:

Oops I may have gotten my wires crossed and installed the DJ Needle clip 4 spaces up from the bottom, I believe this would mean its 2 or 3 spaces from the top.

What results would this have ? Can someone confirm how many clips/spaces are on a DJ needle ?

Taking my carb off again does not sound fun. :ride:

The closer to the top of the needle...clip 2 or 3 would be leaner. You can easily check/change the clip position without removing the carb. I take the tank off to make it easier and then use an angled phillips screwdriver to take the top off. I'm really slow and can do it in 15-20 minutes tops. :thumbsup:

Yes it appears I have mis-installed the clip on the needle and yes I should be able to twist the carb and change the needle settings without taking the carb out. Might have helped if I would have looked at the included DJ instructions and diagram prior. :thumbsup: