Sign in to follow this  

Dune bike?

Ok, I am 17, and weigh about 130ish and I am 5' 6".... What is a good bike for dunes? If I can buy any bike, what is the best brand to go with? I love team green, I ride their jetski, do they make good bikes? Thanks for the help, and what are good words to encourage parents to let me keep biking.....? Haha

KXF450.. get a paddle, better air filter, and top it off with coolant, oil, and gas and you should have a good time.. later on you can get a dune front tire, exhaust, the works ya know.

Any 450 will work just fine.. 250's will work, but will be somewhat underpowered. a CR/KX 500 would pull you just fine

For your weight and size, I'd look into a 250 2-stroke. About any of the big 5 brands should fill the need. The 450 4-strokes have too much weight and not enough of a power advantage for your intended purpose.

250's will work, but will be somewhat underpowered.

wow thats a lie..my yz250 has more power than my yz450f...id take my yz250 over any 4 poke any day...so dont say 2 strokes are under powered

wow thats a lie..my yz250 has more power than my yz450f...id take my yz250 over any 4 poke any day...so dont say 2 strokes are under powered

I think he was referring to a 250 4-stroke. Certainly a 250 2-stroke has the juice to get you through the dunes, but a 4-stroke might be a bit more limited. That was how I read it anyways.

Dont buy a brand new bike to destroy in the dunes. Get a used 250 pinger and call it good. You don't need the latest and greatest to ride around in the sand, just something with raw power.

I second that, your size and weight is perfect to bust big air on a 250 2-smoker. :thumbsup:

yet you say you have a 2007 yz450f.

I'm gonna have to call you a poser.

its a 06..i havnt changed it since i havnt been on here since i signed up i usally dont hang out here..mostly hang at Everything2stroke.com....i was told it was a 07 but its not.

I meant used, new to me. Sorry I didn't say that better... Thanks for the help guys.