Sign in to follow this  

float level?

um, i need to make my carbs float level 13mm. what does that mean? i feel so retarded for asking, but Eddie told me to do it but.....he didn't account for me being a tard. :thumbsup:

Eddie told me to keep the stock 142.5 main, DJ needle, clip 4, DJ slide spring, 25 pilot, 3 turns on the fuel screw, and 13mm float level.

um, yeah, i understand most of it, except the float level. so can some one help me please?

p.s. 'clip 4' means i count from the bottom up. right?

um, i need to make my carbs float level 13mm. what does that mean? i feel so retarded for asking, but Eddie told me to do it but.....he didn't account for me being a tard. :thumbsup:

Eddie told me to keep the stock 142.5 main, DJ needle, clip 4, DJ slide spring, 25 pilot, 3 turns on the fuel screw, and 13mm float level.

um, yeah, i understand most of it, except the float level. so can some one help me please?

p.s. 'clip 4' means i count from the bottom up. right?

The clip position is referenced from the top of the needle usually,unless otherwise specified.I assume that you know what a float is and what it does.The float height is set so that the top leading edge is 13 to 14mm's from the carb mating surface that the bowl attaches to with the carb held upright.You're going to carefully bend the stop tang near the float needle and seat so that the float consistently hangs in to the bowl the amount specified.The needle should just barely be touching the seat when the adjustment is achieved.Flick the end of the float a few times and check that the level stays adjusted.Do a search for "Float height adjustment".Bronco78 and Noble do an excellent job of explaining it.