Sign in to follow this  

CRF Update

Alright, the mechanic phoned me and said that the only prob was the gear on the clutch. I guess the gear on the clutch is conected to the clutch, and I meen that when you replace the gear, you get the clutch too. Seems weird, but I guess I'm getting a new clutch as well. He spent 8 hours taking my entire transmisson apart and was happy to report that there was no damage to anything else. To bad all that time adds up, I guess he said it would be around $900 when wheeled out of the garage. Good thing I'm being paid well. So in about 2 weeks max, I'll have my big red machine back. The thing that makes me mad though, is that I never had a chance to ride it once on my summer off, yes it happended that day before report card day. I'm really exited to get back on it. I bet I'll be so fast on that, it's gonna shift so fast and feel so light. I've been riding the street bike, and that thing is heavy and every thing is so awkward for shifting fast, but after a couple weeks I got fast on it. So I just can't wait. :thumbsup:

Ya man thats a long time away from the bike. Hope it doesnt do that again... Im not sure how big your streetbike is (engine size) but i bet te 230 is gonna feel like a 50. Now that you 230 is gonna be fixed, sell it and yourself a 450!!!

major bummer on all the cost and time, but it's good to hear you have a good outlook on all of it. I wish I knew more mechanical knowledge than I do. More would be really nice.

My dad likes to put around on the 230, so I'll never sell it, he'd give me money for it though. I'm really thinking about a 450 though.