Sign in to follow this  

ttr-50...xr/crf50 swap

i don't think they will. i thought i remembered reading an article on the ttr and they said the frame's steering head is larger and beefier on the ttr. this would at least mean the bearings are different sizes. then you still have the steering stem lengths to worry about. i'd love for someone to prove me wrong. but as far as i know it will not swap! :thumbsup::ride:

thanks man...i was just wandering cuse hardly anyone selles longer travel forks for the ttr and maybe aftermarket forks from a honda could fit

BBR had pictures of a ttr50 version of the SP-5 forks they make. this would give you 5" of front travel and allow you to easily run a 12" front wheel if you'd like. :applause: this was a while ago though, and i'm not sure if they're in production yet. i guess it wouldn't hurt to email 'em and find out! :thumbsup:

also, they do make a longer travel swingarm for it, so i'd imagine they'd have something to bring the forks up and level the bike out... try contacting them :ride:

thanks...ill call or email them..1 more question...im running the gytr pipe...i read in the mini moto magazine that a red baron swingarm+2 longer would hit the pipe(gytr) is this true for all longer swingarms or just redbarons..im on a tight budget and didnt want to have to buy another pipe..i currently have about $600 left that ima put in this bike and suspension would probably use all that$

you know that's a good question. i too remember reading that article. i guess you could ask BBR about theirs while you had them on the phone..... i don't think they'd take offense to it being a GYTR pipe and not one of theirs. i mean Yamaha makes the GYTR and it's not like it's an FMF, PRO-CIRCUIT or TWO BROS., you know BBR's "competition"!! :ride:

Give it a shot and post your findings! I'm sure others here would like know as well! :thumbsup: